explore my site

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fast Food With Style.

... Oh yes, I'm a very good cook indeed!! I love to create also in the kitchen! LOLYou know, my Italian DNA :)
Today I want to share some quick and easy recipes with you ... As I have been very inspired and busy all summer round, I needed something to be prepared as quickly as possible, to spend all my spare time in the studio!... 

BLACKBERRY AND REDCURRANT TARTE

Ingredients:
1 disk of ready- to- use puff pastry 
blackberries
redcurrants 
(even raspberries and blueberries if you have them)
1 quart custard (I use to make it, but you can use ready- made too)
sugar


Method:
Unroll your puff pastry on a parchment lined round baking pan. Roll up the edge.
Simply pour custard on it, then the washed fruit, and dust with sugar.
Brush the outside of the tart with milk (or beaten eggs).
Bake in a preheated 180°C (350° F) oven, for about 25 minutes, until golden brown. 




***
PRAWN AND VEGGIE PASTA

Ingredients:
(serves 2)
Fresh pasta
about 15 prawns
about 10 small tomatoes
garlic
fresh zucchini, julienned 
fresh chopped parsley

Method:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the fresh pasta until 'al dente', then strain.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook prawns with oil, garlic, tomatoes, for about 5 minutes, season with salt.
Add chopped parsley and julienned zucchini, cook and stir well for 2 minutes.
Toss with the cooked pasta over medium heat to serve.

***

ITALIAN RICE BALLS (ARANCINI)


Ingredients:
cooked rice (also leftovers, any kind of risotto, approx. 1 cup uncooked white rice)
Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
breadcrumbs
cheese (Cheddar, Gouda)
(a frankfurther)
(canned peas)

Method:
Make a risotto, as you like it. Let it cool. Leftovers are GREAT to make these rice balls!
Add Parmesan cheese and 2 beaten eggs, and mix well. You can also add canned peas to the mixture if you want. In the below pics you can spot I used them.
Dampen hands, and roll rice mixture into balls, putting a piece of cheese or frankfurther in the middle of the ball, then coat with breadcrumbs.
Deep fry until golden brown, 5-6 at a time, turning as needed.
Drain on paper towels, and let cool a bit before serving, they're HOOOT out of the frying pan!
They are also suitable for deep-freezing.


... Bon appetit, my friends!

Oh, I meant to say I just discovered a colorful brand new blog ' that will tantalize not only your eyes but all your senses!"! Food-with-Style, please pop in if you need inspiration in the kitchen!
Monica.

16 comments:

  1. yum, yum and more yums! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The berry recipes look delicious ... I love those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these recipies. Can't wait to try them. Not too difficult. That's what I like. Your gift wrapping is so pretty. Thx for the inspiration. And your bird cage is beautiful. I love coming by your blog,

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food looks amazing and your photographs are unbelievable.

    Would it be rude to ask what kind of camera you use?

    I am still somewhat of a beginner...

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Monica,

    I want to taste some of the prawn and veggie pasta, please. Looks delicious ! Thanks for sharing your recipes.
    I've linked to you on my blog, hope it's all right.

    Have a nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks and sounds so good, especially the prawn and pasta dish. Now I am hungry. Your wrapped packages are so pretty - I would not want to open them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. bookmarked those to try, YUM!! I also just looked at your post with your darling dog with her hat on, soooo gorgeous :) Have a lovely weekend, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the BLACKBERRY AND REDCURRANT TARTE recipe! Anything with puff pastry makes my mouth water...and water...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Monica,

    Many thanks for the recipes, they all look so delicious.
    Your photos are beautiful and I would like to try making these.
    I love to cook too.

    Enjoy your weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know which one I want to try first. hey all look delicious. I have left over rice all the time but have never thought of making rice balls before. Likes relatively easy evern for me.
    Thanks also for the idea of wrapping packages with vintage music paper. I was going to use vintage dress pattern paper but this will work better!!!
    Thanks,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yummy! I will have to try the rice balls! I think I need a bite to eat now.

    Gorgeous photos as always.

    Hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monica, I must try everyone of your wonderful recipes. They look so good. How is Kim these days? Teddy rolled in the grass and I had a green doggy for two days until I took hime to the groomer. LOL He is also on a diet. Good grief! Sharon with hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Monica

    Your recipes look mouthwatering. I love cooking and am keen to try out your recipes. The pasta & prawn one will be the first for me to try I think! thank you for sharing them for all to try out.
    Hope you are having a great weekend
    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, lovely! Gorgeous photography. The food looks wonderful. I so enjoy pasta and prawns! Your dessert looks so tasty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These all look amazing as do the lovely photos! And I totally know what you mean about needing "fast" meals while you are in the midst of creating...I am the same way...but unfortunately our meals haven't looked as tasty...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The prawn and veggie pasta is calling my name! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!