explore my site

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Journaling...

First, a heartfelt thank you for all the lovely comments you left on my latest posts, I am overwhelmed by your friendship and appreciation! 
Then... Did I tell you I have been on a vibrant creative wave all summer longPlease let me indulge in showing you another of my newest creations!
As a stationery-lover, journal- lover, writing-lover, keepsake-lover (and so on, you got the idea!), I couldn't pass by the urge of making my own journal! And once started, I couldn't help but make them! 
This is a stack of journals I cannot show you at the moment, because they all are gifts...  

... but I can gladly show you mine!
Each one has a theme, and matching fabrics (discarded samples) are used throughout it.
My own journal has a 'FLY' theme (which I've always been in love with) for it has a special meaning to me at the moment!

A tiny birdie and a scrap from an old dictionary page with the word 'bliss' adorn the (obviously!) blue cover, together with a gorgeous photograph, vintage lace and sheet music.



The body of the journal has been made with the even tiniest scraps of paper and fabric...

... images, old book pages, writing paper...


... sheet music, envelopes, whatever my imagination suggested (and all I had on hand!).




As it is a journal, it will be soon covered with personal notes, quotes, pictures and so on...
I started on the very first page, playing with acrilic paint, a buttefly and a cute girl... I'll add inspired words later on.

Love to write my thoughts sitting on the lawn, enjoying the simple pleasures of a sharpen pencil, a cuppa and the sweet smell of Autumn moving forward!

Have a happy day,
Monica.

29 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it!!!!
    You are amazing, itäs so beautiful!
    Hugs Bodil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How smart is that! It turned out beautifully-you should be proud of yourself.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mónica.
    Oh my gosh!!!
    This is sooo beautiful.
    You did a great job!!!
    I love dress forms and this one is amazing!!!

    Have a nice day :)

    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress form is so wonderful and such a fabulous idea. I may have to make my own as well ... one day ...


    I yearn for a vintage dress form but they always get snapped up by others

    Have a lovely week :o)

    [Another] Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica,
    I'm speechless...I have recently made something very similar, using antique lace collars and brooches...how funny! Wise minds think alike! ;-))
    Yours is lovely, and special too, due to the items you have used to create it.
    No need to apologise for the lack of emails...I'm VERY busy too...preparing for a magazine shoot tomorrow...so lots of cleaning and tidying up to do!!!

    Have a great week,
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica I bet that was hard to stuff firmly! But, it was worth the work because it is really pretty. I know you will enjoy it everytime you look at it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful! Warm wishes, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my gosh ... that is gorgeous! It's so nice that you were able to use your great grandmother's linens to make it. All the added family treasure help to make it special, too. Fantastic!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monica, simply stunning. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - you did a great job! I have thought about trying to cover my wicker one, but it is on the bottom of the "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is soooo beautiful!!! How talented you are my sweet friend!!!!!
    She is just fabulous!!!!!
    I love it!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! Amazing job you did and your photos are stunning!! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning, Monica! At first I thought I was seeing a vintage mannequin, and you were showing us your lovely jewelry! But then I read on to realize it is the DRESSFORM you have also made... how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you came by today, Monica! I sure do love meeting new friends!

    Well look at you! You made your own dress form! She's gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beuatiful dress form, Monica.
    I saw an antique one last sunday on an antique market, gorgeous, but too expensive. How creative to make your own ! The necklaces are special, too.

    Best regards,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so beautiful. The best that I have ever seen. I can imagine how hard it was to stuff. Just wonderful that you are so talented, dear friend. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dreamed by you,designed and created by the love in your heart and oh how beautiful..a treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh,my.
    That is lovely!
    You do good work.
    I love your teddy bear below, too!
    Keep up the good work! I like to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Monica,

    I love your dress form and how special that you have made it using the antique linen of your Great Grandmother.
    You are very talented, my friend.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is much prettier than a vintage dress form! You are brilliant. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Monica, how clever are you making your own dress form - fabulous! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is beautiful and you made and adorned her beautifully! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous9/09/2009

    What a great idea to make your own dressform.
    It looks absolutely lovely!
    Ciao, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  24. Monica, your dress form is fabulous!!!!! How talented you are!
    Just beautiful....I am drooling.

    Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. amazing!!! i can't believe that you made that yourself...it is stunning!!! i am in awe of your sewing skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by to say "hi". I love your new dress form. Really beautiful and you look like one talented lady. Great stuff! Take care and enjoy your day.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful creation.. I love all the pretty details.. Just amazing..
    STephenie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous Monica!!!!! I have made mini dress forms before as pincushions and even they take a lot to stuff, I can only imagine the stuffing of this one. Wow,love you grandmothers lacy linen and the jewelry too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!