Monday, November 23, 2009

New Bear Pincushion and a Surprise in the Mail!

GEORGIA...
Georgia is my newest Bear Pincushion!
She is made of a stunning Toile red and white fabric, and sparse mohair, she has movable jointed head and glass eyes. I added a touch of vintage charm with a delicate lace ruffle and some red and white buttons to finish her off.
Her yummy red velvet strawberry is completely hand-embroidered with tiny silver glass beads!
The adoption fee for Georgia is $85 (plus $6 travelling fee to Europe, $9 to USA and Canada, $9,80 to Australia and NZ). Please email me if you want this cutie pie in your workroom or to give her as a special gift to someone you love!
You can find more details and measurements on my website.


***
I am better, thank you very much to those who asked, especially since I received this 'love gift' in the mail!! This stunning altered heart is from Carolyn, a fabulous mixed media textile artistfrom Cornwall! I am sure you'll be in awe of her artistic talent.
She made this just for me, in my favorite colors! Did you noticed the icy snowflake? She didn't know this has a particular meaning to my hubby and me!!:)))

Carolyn also treated me to a complete 'altered art kit'. She litterally crammed a bubble mailer with fabrics, ribbons, beads, embroidery yarns, wool, mussels from the Cornish beaches, inspiring pics, anything in blue, red and white, definitely my favorite colors!
Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart, dear Carolyn, you inspired me to create something beautiful, with your gorgeous gift!


Your beautiful blue heart is now pinned to my inspiration board, indeed!

Have a nice week everyone!
Monica.

13 comments:

  1. Fine you are feeling better now.
    Oh Georgia is such a beauty. She is so adorable you can't put pins in her.....
    Nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica,
    What a sweet bear pincushion! He's adorable, really! I love the red toile. So glad you're feeling better. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you are feeling better. I love your pincushion and that altered heart is stunning! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgia is BEAUTIFUL, Monica! Such a pretty combination of colors, laces and fabrics! And the love gift is FABULOUS!!! The altered heart is so beautiful - love blues and the textures. You'll have a fabulous time creating with those treasures I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you so much Monica for your lovely words. I'm so glad you liked everything and I'm delighted that I picked a snowflake for you, not knowing it would have such special meaning for you! How wonderful!

    Your photographs are much better than mine! I had a real problem photographing the hearts and capturing the layers. I would love to "borrow" one for my blog, if I may? I will wait to hear from you first!

    Thanks for such a sweet write-up!

    Love
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm popping over to wish y'all a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you turkey browns and your sweet potato souffle fluffs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweet bear made me sigh out loud!! What a darling piece. The heart is stunning too!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable! Love the red and white. Perfect for Christmas!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgia is gorgeous, and all those details like the strawberry !
    The heart from your friend Carolyn looks very special, beautiful in blue ...
    I'm glad you're feeling better, Monica.

    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Monica,

    I was glad to hear that you are feeling better.
    Georgia is a sweetie and I love the present from your friend.

    Hope your week is going well
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. GoodMorning Monica
    Your handcrafted pin cushions are absoulutely gorgeous! The detail and expression on "Georgia" is just beautiful.
    Wishing you & sweet Kim a Very Happy Thanksgiving ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad yo are feeling better. What a sweet little Georgia. You create such treasures. What a wonderful gift you received and I know you shall create something very special. Take care my dear friend. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful and beautiful! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!