Sunday, December 27, 2009

All is Calm.

... Santa's finally sleeping now that Christmas is over!

Not that much remains at our home of all the (few) Christmas decorations! A pinecone wreath on the cherub in the garden...


I've been making this kind of wreath (any color) for almost 20 years!! I like being sorrounded by things I made (and my family loves that too) so kept some for Mom and our home as well. They can be hung or used as simple ready-made centerpiece with a candle in the middle when you have no time to arrange fresh flowers!

The carved angel my dad gave me is still gracing the hallway!


Now it's time for me to just relax, enjoy calm and my beloved ones, write a few letters, meditate on the important things in life and the year that's almost gone, and think about the New Year's resolutions !
Hope you are enjoying this quiet time too...
Monica.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, we can take a moment to reflect where we want to go and be this coming year......
    Hopefully make the right choices and be happy to ourselves!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! and I am enjoying the calm now too.
    Sweet puppy dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Very beautiful. Thankful for the beautiful Christmas greeting email too. Such a nice surprise.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you & Kim are enjoyin your calm & rest. Reba is doing so much better! I am sure it was all the hugs & kisses from you & Kim! We even took her out for a walk today. LOVE the photos of Kim with the red bow around her neck. And the one where she is bolting out of the picture. CUTE!!!! Enjoy your week. I hope to get some cleaning up done. HUGS! Charlene & Reba

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love this time of reflection and serenity. These few days between Christmas and New Years have got to be my favorite days of the year. A beautiful post Monica.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I'm preparing to take a break and enjoy the calm after the storm. It was fun, but boy I need a rest. LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica, it is all lovely. Enjoy your peaceful days.

    We haven't taken down the decorations yet, but it will be soon. My husband has a periodontal procedure this Thursday, and I know he will not feel great for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monica,

    I loved the photo of Kim in the snow.
    I hope that your Christmas was happy and now enjoy the holidays and wishing you all the very best for a wonderful year ahead!

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monica,
    I've enjoyed all your posts about your beautiful creations, pictures, and of course about sweet Kim.
    I wish you all the best for 2010 !

    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica what a wonderful post. It sure brings back memories. Ofcourse any picture of Kim is melting my heart.All your lovely creations, all of your elegance and wonderful words and thoughts make you a very special person to me. I treasure your friendship and treat it as a wonderful gift dear friend. Love to you and Ms. Kim from Teddy and me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!