explore my site

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Late (Oh, Soo Late!) Santa Makeover.


I really wanted you to see my 'new' Santa before Christmas!

I had been given a Santa I didn't like that much as he looked more like a shepherd than a Santa (you can see the 'before' picture at the end of the post). I hated all that plastic but I liked his face. I'm in a 'toss-what-you-don't-like' phase, so he truly was in serious danger!
I was inspired by Carolyn and her toile Santa to make my own. You will love her blog and fabulous Prince Edward Island home and gardens (oh, I meant to say I asked Santa a cottage on PEI for Christmas! LOL). With a glue gun and some remnants of white mohair, a mini wreath, some rusty bells, mini felt mittens patiently hand-sewn just for him, a former dollshouse teddy bear and some real fir, here he is! 
That spray of snow added some wintry charm to him, didn't it?



Before... on my last year's Christmas tree.

Hope you liked this makeover and you're ready for your stockings to be filled!
Monica.

14 comments:

  1. Santa's makeover is wonderful! I love it. How very crafty you are. I can only wish and hope to think like this some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic makeover, Monica! Glad you didn't toss him!

    Merry Christmas!

    xoxo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely perfect, Monica! Love what you did.

    Am sending you all good wishes for a very Merry Christmas! Hope blessings abound...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makeover! I just got done doing a makeove on a snowman....just needed more trimmings.
    I guess the snow angels dumped a lot at your house too!
    Merry Christmas!
    xo,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Monica, there is just no comparison. I am going to check out the other blog. Thanks!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has to be the first Santa makeover I have seen... I love his new look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ADORE the makeover!!!! He looks soooooooooo much different! Just left sweet Reba at the vets for an IV tonight. Blood & urine tests will tell more of the story tomorrow. They think she had kidney failure :( I am so blue. HUGS Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas and a very Happy 2010 to you and yours!

    Sandie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Monica

    Santa's makeover is superb! Much better that you will "love" him now

    I wish you love, health, peace and lots of nice things for 2010

    "Merry christmas"

    Lots of love
    Carolyn xx
    LOVE STITCHING RED

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica you saved Santa! You deserve a big gift from him, if I do say so. Love you and Kim. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Monica,

    I love the new look for Santa and your snow photos in your previous post are just gorgeous.
    I have so enjoyed getting to know your through the blog world ~ thank you.
    May you and your family have a blessed and joyous Christmas.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Monica, love the new look for the old guy!!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyeux Noël Monica !!!! Belle journée !!! Bisous ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!