explore my site

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Simple Natural Decor.

Hello everyone, hope you're enjoying the Season!
This is a Christmas of Simple Abundance for me, I reached the goal of making my life simpler (this was my resolution for 2009), and I am completely and deeply grateful. Moreover, I am very tired after a tough year. So I haven't decorated that much. No lights, no sparkle, no excess, no ornaments, no tree (except for a very small one I will show later on). I brought nature indoors, and this makes me VERY happy (even more than the fabulous ornaments, which quietly remain in their boxes in the attic, without any stress at all for me to bring them out and then repack!).
This is my only and much-loved vignette of these festivities: Christmas Joy!

I displayed Joy in a vintage leather and cardboard suitcase, together with fir branches, Cotoneaster and Nandina red berries, and some pinecones. The vintage doilies, lace gloves and sheet music belonged to my Grandmother. My Mom gave me the big rose doily under the suitcase, I remember she always had it on the living room table in my childhood house. They are so very special to me!

I decorated a small faux tiny tree with pinecones and twine, and a box with broken cinnamon sticks... 

This wreath is made with a faux fir support, embellished with fresh branches from the garden. My dad carved the angel out of wood just for me (this is his early present this year), I simply love it!

And finally I added some greens and a few cones to my birdcage. I put some red baubles I had handy on the bottom, over some soft moss.

... Just Simple and Abundant!
Monica.

17 comments:

  1. It is all very pretty. Your vignette with the bear is adorable. I did not decorate a lot this year and am just as happy with it.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet touches, Monica!!! What an adorable bear... Other than my Christmas tree, I barely have any other decorations, it just has never been my thing...!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful simplicity! I scaled down my decorating as well, and am so happy with the results! The kids are very happy, too! Now I am so excited about simplicity, my resolution is to seriously declutter in 2010!

    The bear is darling, and the angel your dad carved looks FABULOUS in your wreath! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are resting!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy looks gorgeous in her red vest !
    Your dad made a beautiful angel, what a special gift, Monica.

    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. A simlpy beautiful abundance!
    Have a wonderful week Monica.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Monica. I too have gone for a more simple Christmas as I have not been feeling well. My get up and go has got up and gone. LOL I love your bear and all the memories in you choices. After all that is what counts, isn't it. Happy holidays dear friend and many hugs to you know who!! Woof woof! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica, your decorations are always so beautiful, it is not the amount but the quality and you put love into everything. Happy holidays to you and your family. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your decorations are always gorgeous Monica . . . be they simple or fancy. Love the bear in the trunk! Happy Holidays!!! May 2010 be a very special year for you and your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Monica,

    I have enjoyed coming to see Christmas at your home. Your sweet bear looks lovely in red.
    Also love your little Christmas tree and the Angel your Dad made for you.

    I wish many blessings for you during the holiday Season.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can smell the heavenly scent from here. It is so beautiful...m..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple {beautiful} abundance! Everything looks so lovely Monica ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear... i haven't start anything yet. I'm so late ! Your little tree is gorgeous as well as you lovely teddy bear ! Your wreath with the angel is beautiful ! (i'll do mine this week :) The wood's angel is a great idea ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks beautiful Monica. Your dad is very talented. What a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Monica! I'll bet your house is a magical place to be at this time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple maybe, but transformed by your artistic flair, Monica. Love the angel that your Dad carved! Best wishes. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love, love the angel that your dad carved for you :-) A very Precious gift! Merry Christmas to you Monica.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!