Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Snowy Christmas.

... Hearts for you!...




I'm afraid I haven't been a good blogger over the past week! My bad headache made me feel sick and it was impossible for me to stay at the computer. I have some emails to be written yet (my apologies!), and I am also a little behind with my rounds to return comments and wish each of you a very merry Christmas. Sometimes I wish I could be like Wonder Woman!
Moreover, snow surprised us a few days ago and took up the most of my time and energy. When younger I was delighted by snow, now I'm more practical and just prefer a hassle-free life! LOL
It is bitterly cold now, with heavy snow forecast for tomorrow too.
This morn' Snowflake took a stroll around the garden...

You can spot the vintage snowflake pin that graces her bow just in time for Christmas! Thank you for the prompt shipping, Louise!

Snowflake made me notice that the bird manger was empty, so we treated our feathered friends with peanuts and walnuts and a pinecone covered in peanut butter and birdseeds.

At twilight I took this pic just for you! Love this angel, especially when lit, and candles in the snow are so very special! Oh, I meant to say I borrowed a couple of hubby's candycanes for my shooting sets... hope he doesn't notice! ;)

Have a nice evening everyone!
Monica.

13 comments:

  1. Monica,

    Snowflake is precious!! I love her little ornament!

    This post is so cute...I am so with you on the snow. The first snowfall is pretty and I love when it is gently coming down. But when we get dumped on and everything becomes difficult...oh, I wish I lived in the South!!

    I hope your headaches improve and don't worry about getting around. Everyone is busy with the holidays. I am just taking a break from decorating the tree!!

    Merry Christmas, my dear friend!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better.
    Snowflake is lovely in the snow with her new pin !
    Today we've had a lot of snow and it's cold here, too.

    Merry Christmas to you, Monica !
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks LOVELY! So happy the pin arrived in time. Your candle in the snow looks so very romantic! I wish I could do the same... we are just recovering from a blizzard and I was in snow up to my hips!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very tired of the cold already and it has just got started. I am so sorry you are not feeling well.
    Hope you are enjoying the Holidays!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful is everything you do Monica. The world wouldn't be the same without you. Your garden is lovely with all the snow. So far nosnow here,such a change from last years 4 feet. I am NOT complaining and I knock on wood. LOL Happy holidays dear friend and as usual hugs to Kim. Sharon and sidekick Teddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Monica!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and may 2010 be full of good things!!!!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the snow always LOOKS so pretty. I think if I had to scoop it there would be no fun! So sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hope the headache is GONE! Hugs! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica, I am so sorry you have had a bad headache, I used to get them bad, I hope you are feeling better now. All your pictures are beautiful. Love candles in the snow. I might do that tomorrow. good idea, If I don't get back to you over the holidays, have a Very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your headache is better. Nothing more miserable. Love your "shoot in the snow". Sweet little doll, and the candy cane heart is so sweet.

    Merry Christmas
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I do hope you are feeling better. We too have got heaps of snow, hurt my arm this morning clearing the drive way! i love your teddy tree, just perfect :) Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take care of yourself Monica and have a lovely Christmas.
    (I posted a little something off to you some time ago...I do hope it arrives with you before Christmas)
    Love Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you get well soon ! You always have such beautiful photos ! Merry Christmas !!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I' am so sorry you are feeling under the weather. I do pray that you will feel better soon.Headaches are a horrible thing to have.
    Your lillte sonoflake is just so precious.I just adore it.All your angels are just to cute and the candy canes ,I can eat them...LOL
    Merry Christmas and May god bless you and your family,
    XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!