explore my site

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Creative Storage.

Better to show this now, before I forget ;) Apparently this is a problem of mine, lately...
I found this apothecary jar the other day while thrifting, I had it for less than $3. It's so rare to see them here, so definitely couldn't pass this by.

It's now filled with antique lace ready to be used in one of my creations... 


This garden tool tray is another thing you can spot as 'creative storage' in my studio, filled with lace too, and now with ribbon roses ready to be finished off.

As you might remember from a previous post, I like using them when gift-wrapping. 


And last, but definitely not least, a heartfelt thanks for all the wonderful and sweet words you left on my previous post! You cannot imagine how deeply I'm touched by all the good and friendship out there! Hope my little article inspires you to create...
There's a glorious sunshine over here today, I think Kim and I will take advantage of it! After all, some relax isn't bad, every now and then!
Have a great day, wherever you are!
Monica.
Update: as I had two people asking, yes, I can prepare a tutorial for ribbon roses for one of my future posts. Please be patient, I'll do it asap. x

16 comments:

  1. Monica, everything you do is beautiful, you are a true artist and it shows in every detail, from the gift to the outside wrap!! I love the way you incorporate the smallest bit of ribbon to your gorgeous fabric roses! I am in awe of your incredible talent, and I am blessed to have you as a friend. I am so proud of you!!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful places to store beautiful things to look at every day. Have you ever given a tutorial on the roses? I'd love to try to make them...

    Have a great time with Kim today! :-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike! Ha! I have been organizing my laundry/sewing area and did the same with my apothecary jars and vintage lace. Isn't it beautiful?! I love the vintage keys that you have included. I will be showing mine on my blog in a few days. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ribbon roses are beautiful. I echo Janie's comment - will there ever be a tutorial on the ribbon roses?

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way your crafting storage spaces are so decorative! With a kitten in the house these days, I can't do anything frilly and pretty (she tugs at everything with lace and string) - so I have actually been putting my pretty things away, rather than decorating with them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, i just love the apothecary jar filled with lace.It's so pretty....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Monica, I hope you and Kim have a lovely walk. I would love to learn about the roses too. they look so beautiful when you do them. Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty way to store your lace. Beautiful roses. I would have more apothecary jars if had room for them.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...so beautiful!!! And what an amazing deal too! Your photos are always so stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you found that sweet jar! I love to see old lace in a jar...I used mine all up almost...must see about getting some more :)
    OH!!! And thank you for the card!!! And you shouldn't have! How sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Monica,

    I love your apothecary jar and the garden tool tray filled with all your pretty romantic laces.
    Also the old keys are wonderful.
    It is lovely to have you as a friend and see all the wonderful talent you have.

    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely idea, Monica, that jar filled with antique lace !
    I also love the keys, I have a small collection of old keys too.
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Monica, thank you so much, I received your package today. Everything was just beautiful. I am such a lucky girl. You may want to have a look see on my Blog, Thanks again. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything here at this blog is fabulous. Cinner said I would like it here...she is so right. Love your jar and your tray. The lace is a wonderful touch. I am not a follower of your blog!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely jar! I would be very interested by your tutorial for ribbon roses! They are wonderful!!! I love these old keys as well! Have a good weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Monica, your pictures are so lovely!!!! They just refresh me.

    Have a great weekend.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!