explore my site

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nostalgic and Precious.

... 'Nice to meet you! I'm Priscilla!'
Do you like my newest bear?
I was very inspired to create this très chic girl, with her nostalgic vintage  appeal! 


She wears an amazing Victorian Irish Crochet collar. This lace is well over 100 years old, and surely adds preciousness to this girl!
Priscilla also wear a handmade spice posy, made with the ancient Austrian tecnique of spice binding. Made with Spices, Pearls and Golden wire (symbols of richness), it means Abundance and Prosperity, both spiritual and material. When I was young, my parents and I used to spend holidays in Austria/Tyrol, and also with my hubby we went there each and every year for a certain period. I have made hundreds of these posies over my 19 years of creative life (I will have a look through my archive to see if I find some pictures to share with you!)! I simply love their meaning, and oh, their scent is absolutely divine!



Priscilla is very dear to my heart, hope she will be soon in her special someone's warm hug! 
I also meant to say my ribbon rose tutorial is ready, stay tuned if you're interested!
Monica x.

18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Monica! She IS precious! What a remarkable job you have done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica Priscilla is precious. Your talent just keeps on giving. How are you my friend? I have recovered from being ill but the Dr. says being tired is part of the process. Mmmmm. I am tired of being tired. LOL Teddy takes very good care of me. By my side all the time. How is Ms. Kim (my other love)? Don't tell Teddy! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica~~~

    I can't think of a better word than precious!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying not to use the word "precious" as everyone above already has - but Priscilla truly is! SO beautiful - and love that lace on her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so gorgeous! Love the spice wrap. So cool!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is very very special! I don't see how you create them so quickly...I'm sure it would take me a year to turn one out.
    That is an interesting story about her bouquet.
    OH!!!!!
    I got the tag today!!! OH my gosh it is wonderful. Thank you so, so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Priscilla is one good-looking bear! I just know she will find a worthy home! Your art is amazing, Monica! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Monica
    She looks beautiful!
    I too have lovely memories of holidays spent in the Tyrol. We used to stay in Seefeld and would also visit Innsbruck.

    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Monica

    All of your work and your photos, your little journals and your bears and dolls are beautiful. I love all the vintage feel and beautiful natural colours. Congratulations on being in Stampington magazine. I am not in the least surprised. Your work is perfect for it! I am so very happy for you

    Sending love and hugs
    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is a true elegant beauty - LOVE HER, Hugs, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gorgeous bears are the loveliest I have ever seen Monica!
    Hugs to Kim ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with both Pricilla and Violet. Your creations are always the most amazing things to me. You inspire me so Monica. Every post you do is a work of art.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Priscilla looks beautiful and so Violet does! Beautiful work! Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Monica,

    I love your new bears Pricilla and Voilet.
    Also reading about the handmade spice posy.
    Violets are also a favourite of mine, love the fragrance and I love making posies to place around the house.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is beautiful and I love the Irish lace. You do beautiful work. I hope she finds the perfect home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Monica, she is beautiful. What gorgeous work you do!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Priscilla is so pretty, she's très chic with her collar. That lace is really gorgeous !
    Your handmade posy is special.
    You're so creative, Monica, such wonderful things you can make.

    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO ADORABLE!!

    thanks for sharing her

    blessings
    barbara jean

    PS I'm sure enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!