explore my site

Friday, March 26, 2010

My Pink Birthday.

Hello Pinkies and dear readers! First of all, let me thank you for all the sweet wishes, it was impossible for me to respond to each and every comment last weekend, but please know I was really touched by your friendship and nice words. Thank you!
I took all these pictures on my Birthday. First thing in the morning I treated me (hubby and Kim too!) to a fresh bouquet freshly cut in the garden...

I love all Spring flowers, they are my B-day flowers after all!


The day was truly glorious, such a great gift after previous damp and dull days!

Forget-me-nots are blooming everywhere in the garden. Kim loves to lie down on the flower carpet, and just relax and be happy!

Hellebores are among my favorite flowers to paint, they're so charming.


Hubby was home with me all day, so I thought it was the best occasion to try the 'new' dishes (vintage and thrifted)! I was so lucky to find other pieces matching the sauce- boat I had previously found. Those posies are so pretty, aren't they?

And last, but not least, a touch of pink in a beautiful gift I received from Carolyn! The cutest sheep ever with a pink bow made it safe and sound all the way from New Zealand to wish me Happy Birthday! Carolyn makes amazing dough creations, and I love them all, so I was very thrilled to receive one as birthday gift (and this was my very favorite too)!
Thank you dear Carolyn!

She took great care in writing me sweet notes, and she added a decorated tea bag... so delicate.
I haven't taken pictures of the wrapping, but Carolyn used the most beautiful hydrangea paper with a blue ribbon! So very thoughtful!

Definitely I had a grand day! I will show what my hubby gave me, but it's not pink, so I saved it for White Wednesday :)
Enjoy the weekend, and don't forget to drop by my blog tomorrow for the Vintage Easter Blog Hop Party!
Monica x.

20 comments:

  1. Everything is beautiful!! Glad you had a wonderful celebration. Love the dishes and the flowers. And that little lamb is adorable!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Monica

    I am curious wahat you have received from your husband............nice sheep !!so lovely...and the flowers so beautiful........i am glad you enjoy your day !!

    Have a great weekend.........what is the Vintage Easter Blog Hop Party ?? hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, how did I miss this!!!! I will fix that right away!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are gorgeous! I am amazed at what is already growing in your garden! I love yout hellebore - I was going to ask you what it was called!!! And your sheep - how sweet! Happy Pink Saturday! =)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica,

    So glad that you had a lovely birthday and the sun was shinning and the flowers blooming and making a pretty show.
    Love your gorgeous china with the posies.
    Thank you for your kind words, and glad you like your little gift.

    Have a wonderful weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: I meant to say; Happy Pink Birthday to you and I'm wishing you many, many, many more!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is lovely, but I especially adore those beautiful "new" dishes! The little lamb is adorable too. Happy Pink Saturday!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely birthday! And your little sheep is adorable! How sweet! I'm sure you're also having a wonderful Pink Saturday! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful birthday you had! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems to me that you had a wonderful Birthday, Monica !
    Your bouquet fresh from the garden is beautiful
    and Carolyn's gift to you is special, cute sheep !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous flowers, and I love the sheep - it's mental! Do you get Sean the Sheep cartoons over there? (Made by the Wallace&Gromit people).

    Happy birthday and Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late so late for a very important date. I wish you a very belated Happy Birthday dear Monica! And I thank you for not missing mine. That was so sweet of you and Ms. Kim, it made my day. Again Happy Birthday and a happy year ahead dear friend. Hugs always, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is beautiful and I'm so glad you had a lovely day! Happy Pink Saturday and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pink dishes- such a pretty pattern.

    Happy Pinks!

    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie Mae
    "Do these shoes match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cut flowers are so lovely. Happy pink saturday and Happy Birthday.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some beautiful flowers you shared today. Happy Pink Saturday.

    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Better late than never! Here it is Sunday already. Gee time goes by fast. Happy Birthday cha, cha, cha. Adore those flowers.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Monica, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    I'm so sorry I have been MIA. We had a birthday celebration for Claudie (Bubblin' Over) who came to Florida from Canada to celebrate, and I haven't had computer access at our getaway where the party took place. And I'm going to be MIA again in an effort to get some things done on the house and in the hopes that the people who are coming to look at it are going to be its new owners provided. Whatever happens, please keep us in your prayers. It would be greatly appreciated.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy happy birthday! All the best.

    Those are gorgeous!
    Happy Pink!

    And blessed week.

    Regina
    Daily Living

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!