explore my site

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A New Adventure!

Warning: this will be a pretty long loquacious post crammed with pictures! ;)

I'm glad to finally tell you about the project I was working on over the past weeks! ... I have opened my Etsy Vintage Shop
As you might know, I am Italian and at the moment I do live in Italy (even if my dream would be a little different!;))). So my dear American sister friend suggested, why don't you open a vintage shop across the pond with treasures you find over there- and you take for granted?? So true! Recently many lovely things came to me (literally!) at very affordable prices, so it's beautiful to share love with far away friends that cannot hop on a plane and come tresure-hunting over here!
***
I definitely can label myself as a 'Vintage Girl' (ok, I'm not THAT VINTAGE after all,  but I do have a vintage heart indeed!LOL)... so working on this project was really fun!
My new shop will include exciting vintage tresures from Italy and France as well (I am so fortunate to live close by), and sometimes from other European Countries.
My 'pièce de résistance' are Artful Paper Kits and Gift Wrapping Kits. 
The Artful Paper Kits contain vintage book pages and occasionally covers from novels, dictionaries, grammars, poetry books written in Italian or French and aged to perfection for your Altered Art, Mixed Media, Scrapbooking or Collage projects.  They include bits and bobs like handstamped vintage cotton ribbons, laces, doilies, buttons, keys, and so on, fabulous to be used as art and crafting supplies.
They always include one or more original vintage or antique French/European postcards. 
'Cute Girl'...

'Mille Gros Baisers'...



'Joyeuse Fete'...

'Bonne Fete' ...


'Fleurs de Nice', are but a few!


Many postcards are used and stamped...


Some kits include handwritten antique pages, fabulous for your Art and also as gorgeous backgrounds for your shooting sets!

The Italian inspired kits are crammed with beautiful and inspiring vintage Italian postcards, that will add a touch of Italian charm to your journals, mail art or collections also!


Used stamps, ribbons, lace!



***
And then the Gift Wrapping Kits! Are you looking for a tres chic way to wrap up your presents? Do you sometimes are in a hurry and don't have on hand the 'just perfect' matching supplies to wrap a gift to perfection? Do you need a quick amazing cadeau for the French, Vintage and Handmade lover? My kits will help you!
You can also include them to any of your creative projects, and the rose itself is a stunning gift and can be pinned to a hat, bag, pillow or anywhere your imagination will suggest!
The pretty doily is a precious present too for the vintage lover, and can be also used for wrapping instead of, or combined to, sheet music.


Odd tresures and lenghts of ribbons, lace, twine,...  are included. 

An original French postcard or a handstamped tag completes the kit, and you can use it as messenger of your love and friendship!

I will prepare some gift wrapping ideas for my blog in a near future, so maybe I can inspire you!
This is a very simple one.


***
I am also able to offer some brocante and religious tresures, picked especially for you!
It was truly hard to part with this amazing old tin box with a Venetian theme! I love its black/silver/gray palette, and the printed images of Venezia make it a very yummy piece!


Religious items are very common over here, as you can imagine. As for now, I managed to find this pretty wooden rosary, which would be a nice addition to any vignette around your home!

A beautiful Madonna with Child...

and a glorious vivid print of The Sacred Heart.

You can find more treasures in my shop, should you fancy having a look! 
I am able to ship almost worldwide (please see my Policies), if your Country doesn't appear on the listing feel free to contact me! Grazie! Merci!
My handmade creations will be available as usual in my website.
Monica x.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, everything looks gorgeous! I'm going to look at your Etsy shop right now and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauties you have shared today! I must go check out your new Etsy shoppe and wish you much continued success in all your endeavors!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Monica, this is soooo wonderful!!!!!
    I can't wait to share with everyone!!! I am wishing you the best for your new shop!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new shop! Hope you do well. I need to go look around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats with your new webshop Monica, good luck on sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O Monica ..............beautiful things you make !!

    Congratulations on with your new shop,i go look around now............

    So lovely............enjoy your evening and have a good week too.....

    Hugs from me.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Monica on your new adventure! Wishing you much success ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Monica,
    I just found your blog from June's. Congratulations on opening your shop - my goodness, everything is so beautiful!!!
    I've added your blog to my blogroll - so happy to meet you!
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful items you have! I'll need to check out your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica, what wonderful news! You must be very excited - I know I am! Your offerings are beautiful - I am not surprised. Best wishes for your new venture.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Monica!
    Congratulations on opening your Etsy Shop! I love Etsy and have had my shop open since January 2008. I've added you to my favorites and I look forward to visiting your Etsy Shop often looking for romantic treasures to repurpose in my jewelry designs.
    Best of luck to you and a big hug for kim!
    Debby
    Romancing the Bling
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/RomancingTheBling

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many many good wishes for your new Etsy shop Monica. I so hope it goes well for you. I am sure it will be full of beautiful things to delight your buyers. I hope you have a lovely week

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful blog you have...I found you through Stephanie at Angelic Accents, and I am so glad I did...it's very nice to meet you!
    I'll be visiting you again very soon.
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you don't mind that I just posted about your new shop! I can hardly contain myself... it's FABULOUS! =) Great idea to list your European treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go!I'm so happy for you. I know you will do great. Now off I go to explore your new creations.
    Take care and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Monica, everything is so beautiful !
    I love those old postcards !
    Congratulations, I'm so happy for you and I wish you a lot of success.
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Monica,

    Wishing you all the very best for your beautiful shop and treasures.
    Congratulations and know you will have wonderful creations to sell.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!