explore my site

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Favorite Finds and a Quick Makeover!

While I'm a busy bee creating and finishing off, I will share some of my latest finds with you!
Last month, I came across this vintage leather album...

I didn't like the cover as it was, but the leather looked perfectly aged and the spine was a little damaged, just as I love books (in my family they say if it's old, torn and worn... she WANTS it!)!;)
I asked the seller how much it was, and he said 2 euros- the lady with him told promptly 'only??', but I had been swifter and already accepted ;))

So I brought this little treasure home, and it quickly has become one of my favorite finds, since I simply attached a cabinet card on the cover with some adhesive tape (so I can remove and use it for my shooting sets). I use it as storage for my collection of vintage and precious Victorian cabinet photographs I purchased from Louise's fabulous Cape Cod Mercantile. Isn't is perfect?


On the same booth, this quite unusual teal vintage tea set called my name loudly! I couldn't help but buy it (it was only 4 euros for the trio), it is Japanese and has such particular handles I had never seen before, and the color... oh my! LOVE IT!
I think you'll see it often in my future photographs.


Have a nice end of the week, I'm not participating in Pink Saturday as I really have to finish a ton of WIPs! 
Hope you have a creative weekend too ;)
Monica x. 

10 comments:

  1. Have a good weekend monica !!! and hugs for you an Kim!!!.................of course...........you know!!! sleep well............bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, you've found some gorgeous treasures !
    Lucky you !
    Your Birthday presents in your previous post are wonderful, beautiful pictures !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you found the perfect spot for your old photos! And that TEASET... IT IS STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous FINDS! I love the color of that tea set too!!!!! I am just crazy about blue these days! And purple! And Pink! And Green. Guess I'm just crazy. Hope you & Kim have a marvelous weekend too. Hubby is starting to look at websites for Sheltie puppies. I yearn for a sweet puppy breath angel & then I feel so guilty. I WANT THE PRINCESS BACK! Not some fresh faced kid that wants to replace her. I know YOU understand that don't you? HUGS! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tea set!! Great find. And that leather album is perfect for your vintage photos!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica, I love your finds. That tea set is the prettiest color. No wonder when it called your name you answered! I would have too.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such an eye for beautiful things! I love them! And thanks for listening to my song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tea set is extraordinary! Beautiful finds. Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your comment Monica, I was so pleased to hear from you :o)

    I am very busy at the moment and haven't had any time to create recently, but when my cottage is finished I shall be so excited to start work again!

    Your leather book and your cabinet photos are beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful week and get your things finished. Look forward to seeing what you create

    Carolyn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica and Ms. Kim, It was so good to hear from you and I love that Kim went and got her bone. She knows it was made for her with love.
    You have found some great treasures. The tea set is gorgeous and I love what you did with the leather book.
    I am just taking a short break and then it's back to the gardens. I have discovered muscles I didn't know I had. Very stiff and sore today, but ever onward. Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!