explore my site

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Shopping in Oxford and my Finds and Treats!

I'm here, as promised, to show you something I think you may like to see... ;)
When I saw this shop, in Oxford, I said my hubby it was OK for us to rent over there!! My piggy bank will tremendously suffer, I already know, but hey, a good girl needs her treats every now and then! Do you agree?;)

Unfortunately, they didn't allow me to take pictures inside...

This vintage- looking radio got my special attention, but gosh! £200/$312 was a little beyond my idea of 'treat'!



Another place I love to lose my way in, is the Covered Market. It is a lovely place all year round, but at Christmastime the fragrance of the seasonal products permeates the air!

Every corner is creatively decked out!





Even if I don't like too-sweet-sweets (so I'm not a 'cupcake person' at all), I couldn't help but stare at the windows of that shop, admiring talented artists at work!

These were so cute!




***
Now over to my finds.
This time I was luckier, and my finds were all vintage! First, I found the linen tea towel with hand- crocheted corners (£2/$3). A little frayed in some spots, but still gorgeous to be used as props.

I love these crackled jam canisters with romantic pink roses (£2/$3 each)!

Also, a bunch of antique cabinet photos, for 40 pence/0,60$ each. These are impossible to find in Italy, so it was a great deal!

I am partial to this little girl with a tartan bow...


And I purchased this CK hankie for sweet Kim- isn't she cute??


Monica x

18 comments:

  1. O my that sweet sweet Kim....she is so so cute dog !! o no !! not ready for christmas yet....i do not know what to eat...no presents only for the doggies.....whe decided to give no presents this year....because we will a new espresso machine.....we buy it after christmas.....and we must work a whole week !! so .......when it is christmas evening i am so glad !!! love love love Ria...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty photos..pretty things:) Happy Holidays~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, I don't know WHERE to begin. I love LOVE everything, but pooch takes the cake with the new 'dress'. The cake master designs are wonderful ... CK I love!

    Have a lovely winter's day ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica, what lovely shops. Kim looks fantastic in her new scarf. Every girl (dog) loves to look her best. Glad you are having fun and by the way I love the new bag.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED everything you showed!!!! Oh that covered market was divine! I think the floral shop was my fav! Kim looked adorable in her new scarf. Hope you are feeling much better now. Yes, I'm ready for Christmas except for the one gift I am making my daughter in law (a nice warm blanket). I started showing my Christmas decor today. Hope you'll stop by for a visit. HUGS!
    Charlene & Elle the Christmas Elf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish I could have been shopping with you. I received a Cath Kidston catalog recently and it was brimming with color! Hard to resist the urge to buy something, for sure. I love Kim's scarf! The sweet shop also looked incredible, I could have watched them create for hours!

    I am so happy you are feeling better and hope you are 100% by the time Christmas arrives.

    Happy Holidays to you and yours, Monica!

    Xo,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Monica,
    I would love to go shopping with you and tour around the Cotswolds!
    I hope you feel better soon and no i am not ready yet but getting there,
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics of the covered market, it's glimpses of home. Funnily enough my sister posted some pics of the Oxford covered market today too.

    http://twigart.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-market.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wonderful finds Monica & how adorable does Kim look in her new little kerchief!!
    Glad to hear that you are on the mend and feeling much better.
    Yes, we are all ready for the big day here ... although I can hardly believe it will be in just a little over a week!
    Have a wonderful weekend Monica & Kim xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be still my heart... the covered market looks SO MUCH like Quincy Market (at Faneuil Hall)!!! Your hubby was so sweet to get you the tote and matching wallet. And Kim looks delightful in her scarf. I do hope you continue to feel much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did get some very nice treats. :D Sure hope you are feeling much better.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a dream come true! I would love to get there sometime soon. :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am ready!! Love the new bag...very cool!!
    And Kim looks adorable!!
    Feel better!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely things you've found, Monica !
    The antique photos are gorgeous !
    Kim is so cute !
    Glad you're feeling better,
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love all of your new pretties. And, Kim looks so pretty. She did give her mommy a big thank you hug and kiss?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that polka dot fondue pot in the window display. What a fun adventure you took us on today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Monica, So hope you are better. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful places. I am so behind on Christmas... but it will eventually get done and then I shall snooze into the New Year! Hugs and hugs to darling Kim. What does she think about the move?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, you captured some stunning images of the covered market. I have to agree with you, i love love love it there. Nothing like it to make you feel a bit of the christmas magic x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!