Thursday, December 9, 2010

Festive Centerpieces.

Hello dear friends and readers, it looks like I'm sloooowly on the mend! I still need to be patient, and rest in bed, even if I'd have tons of things to do for the move! Will vent about that another time;) Cannot add mental weight to what's already heavy now.
Here are some festive centerpieces I made over the past few years, using greenery from the garden, natural elements gathered in the woods, and cheap flowers purchased at the supermarket.
I love this one I made with fir branches and ivy simply laid on a golden tray with a big candle in the middle, fresh apples, gilded walnuts, pinecones, cinnamon sticks and golden baubles. As easy as a pie!


This one has been made with soaked oasis (on a plate) as support for the foliage and flowers, and a vintage candle holder in the middle.

A florist lantern filled with oasis and embellished with ivy, fir, roses and white glittered brassica, provided a stunning centerpiece for the Christmas table! If you don't have a support like that I used, you can virtually use any shape (round, cubic, ...) cut out from the foam, or a traditional glass lantern.


Small bunches were tied up to the ladies' chairs with satin ribbon, and used as favors. If you prepare them in advance, keep outside until the very last minute, in a jar with water.

Here, Christmas ornaments and natural elements were arranged pleasantly on a gilded plate. Super fast and easy peasy!


And don't forget your feathered friends outdoors!;)

Monica x.

18 comments:

  1. Love them all, especially the feathered friends one. Hope you are feeling better soon. Kim take care of our girl! Hugs , Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed seeing your pretty creations - Thanks for sharing with us.
    Glad to hear you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I've been trying to think what to do for as a table center piece this year, especially as my family are travelling all the way from the UK. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that you are on the mend Monica - love your Festive arrangements - you have such flair! There's a giveaway on my blog and I hope that you will take part. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look lovely Monica, I am so glad you are feeling a bit better, I think of you often, hope you just keep getting better day by day. take care. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Holidays Monica.. Everything is simply lovely~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica, they are all so beautiful. I can't believe you can do all that while not feeling well. Hope you are tip top soon.
    Have a lovely day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each and every picture was beautiful and inspiring. I found many ideas I'd like to try, if I may. Lovely!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monica, your eye for beauty and touch for grace always creates magnificence.

    I am glad you are taking care of yourself and getting better every day.♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!! Everything is so beautiful! Makes me want to add to my decorations!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monica, Thank you for you lovely, lovely comments. I try to look at the beauty in every day, I also try to think of the many things I am thankful for every night before I go to sleep. This is temporary, this Christmas funk of mine. Thank you for taking the time to write, you are just so lovely.
    Have a a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you are feeling better. Such beautiful ideas, must try some out next week. Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each one more breathtaking than the previous, love them all. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home is picture perfect, Monica... just like you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These centerpieces are so beautiful, Monica !
    Everything looks so cosy !
    The wreaths in your previous post are gorgeous too !
    Hugs to you and Kim,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Monica,

    So glad to hear that you are on the mend, hope that you will be feeling better each day.
    Love your pretty Christmas centerpieces and your wonderful wreaths in the previous post.

    Happy holidays and sending hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. All so pretty and creative! I love the ivy...keep meaning to do something like that.
    Thank you for what you did :) My turn next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! Monica it is all so beautiful! You just know how to put the magic in your decor. I love the balance of nature in everything you do. I am feeling so inspired now.

    I am so happy to hear that you are feeling a little better my friend. Take care of yourself and please don't do too much too soon.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!