explore my site

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Meet Janvier!

He was born on January, 1st, 2011, so he surely is a special bear!

Janvier is one of my 'Well Loved Bears'... with that worn, vintage appeal that I love so much. Since I made my first distressed bear, I've been feeling the urge to take this direction in bearmaking, and to develop new distressing techniques. Well, I must admit that in the beginning I hated damaging wonderful and expensive pieces of mohair, but I quickly came to the conclusion that it's totally worth it in the end! I come up with bears that are completely my style.
I am looking forward to moving and settling down in my new 'nest' to create more and more of these adorable  bruins (hands permitting).


As usual my hubby suggested this boy's name... it makes me happy, and I believe he has quite a talent! Don't you think? I couldn't have chosen better... Janvier... perfect.

Janvier wear the keys of our new life and, we do hope, happiness... 


***
A while ago, someone kindly asked about my bears and dolls to be back on offer in my old (and alas, neglected) etsy shop... I hope to be able to offer some bears and dolls for sale in the coming year, together with other unique creations. My hands are cooperating at the moment, and I'm sure they'll do in the future too if I continue to be extra- careful with them. I think a wee bit of stuffing now and then, diligently wearing my splint, may be permissible. I cannot make too much though, so I'm planning to also re-open my photography shop. All of this, naturally, after I'm settled down. I'm living in complete chaos at the moment, with my stuff being packed away and tons of things to do, and I'm not able to run my shops.
***
Hope you like to meet my bears here! I had the idea of starting separate blogs for my art and bears, but then I thought that this is my life, with all my artistic and creative endeavors, what I like, what I do... I love the idea of one place only where you can find me, if you like to sit down with a good cup of tea or coffee and chat for awhile- and I will be delighted to share with you what I'm up to at the moment!
Would you share your thoughts on this subject with me?
Monica x.

26 comments:

  1. Your bear, Janvier is fabulous!! I love the distressed look as well!
    I like the idea of one place too! A good cup of coffee and creative processes and I am there!!!
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bear is beautiful !! he is sold !!! to me.....hahahaahah!! ...i also really like bears.....i like Janvier !! so beautiful bear.......wishing you a lovely year......hope to read you often !! love love love Ria...xxxx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Monica, great !
    Janvier is so so cute !
    I also love that vintage look, I would love to have him here together with my bears.
    Your pictures are gorgeous !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him too!!! You know I will be here for you no matter what you choose to do!!!! Wishing you all the best for this year, I know it will be the best yet!!!! Any news on the move situation yet? I am sure wanting to send a little something!!!!
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janvier is le nom parfait! Il est beau beau beau!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Monica! I love, love teddy bears and Janvier is so beautiful. Adorable. I want to hug him!

    Happy New Year, my friend!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bear is adorable - so beautiful. You are so gifted. The name is perfect too. I agree to the thought of having one place to come to visit and see what is happening.

    Love your creations, especially your dolls, and will be looking forward to seeing more in the coming year but always concerned first with your well being.

    All the very best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janvier is so cute, I just love him. you are sooooo talented.
    Happy New Year!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful bear, made with lots of love, and a testament of the good to come!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you Janvier...I love your name!!! I love the question you've posed...after a year or so of blogging I've come to realize we are women/artists made up of many layers and sharing a little something from all facets of ourselves makes us human. I for one want to know about my fellow bloggers as if they're my friends...in fact I feel they are my friends.....I'd to get to know them just the same. Now that I share other facets of "Abby" I feel my blog is becoming more representative of me...though I still have a long way to go. I happen to love your blog so please continue to share your thoughts and creations...I've got my cup of tea.

    Happy New Year!!!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so creative... and I love when you share this part of your life on your blog. It is the mix that makes us who we are.
    I can't wait to see what that key opens this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree wholeheartedly - one place to come and find all of you is exactly how it should be. We are more than what we make or do or think and it is wonderful that you are willing to share all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful bear! So sweet and hugable. Take care of your hands ~ there's nothing more frustrating than carpal tunnel when you want to be creating.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable your cute little bear........
    Wishing you a happy new year with lots of love.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's positively adorable! Please, show them here. I love to see them.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janvier is too cute, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bear is adorable! There is a little token on it's way to you my dear. May I wish you a very happy new year
    Carolyn
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, I do love the distressed mohair. Mmmmm . . . delicious. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Janvier is ADORABLE!!!! I would love a girl one this color with a white or cream colored tutu & crown. Good luck with the move. It's NO FUN but, so worth it when you are all settled in. Happy New Year!
    Charlene & Elle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Monica,

    I am sitting drinking a glass of mineral water, while reading your lovely post. I was so happy to meet your sweet Janvier and love the name.
    The aged distressing is so gorgeous and always has the well loved look.
    Glad to hear that your hands are better and hope that continues so we can see many, many more.
    The old suitcases are fabulous.
    One blog I think is always great, as there I know I will find you. Thanks for all you share and your beautiful friendship.

    Happy 2011 and wishing you all the very best, dear friend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. My sweet friend~
    Janvier is, indeed, a most handsome chap and your hubby is a very clever man to have chosen such a perfect name. Bravo, M.! Now, a bit of a (gentle and loving) lecture: BE GENTLE with your hands (and the rest of your body!) Create as long as it feeds your soul, but doesn't cause you pain or discomfort. Enough said :-) I pray that this new year brings you and your two sweethearts ALL the happiness in the world. You three deserve it <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww! He is a beautiful bear!
    Hope your move goes smoothly. Happy New Year !!!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's a beautiful bear this Janvier.
    Handsome and sweet.
    I wish you a beautiful, loving and creativ 2011.
    Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  24. help...I am falling in love again...with janvier...happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Monica, wishing you and family and very happy and blessed 2011, and may it brings much love to all of you,and be very healthy too.
    I also love bears!!!
    hugs from Chile
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was born on the 8 of January,I'm special too !!!.Janvier you are so cute!.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!