explore my site

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Peek Inside my Desk.

In the hustle and bustle of an international move, it's so comforting to sit at my desk (one of the few things that are not bubble- wrapped yet!). I love to sit down there and write, read a letter or one of my favorite books, record emotions on my journals... it's my quiet spot where I can relax completely.
Would you like to sneak a peek inside? 

I keep a small collection of Eiffel Towers into it, together with some tresured gifts from family and friends.

This bookmark was embroidered especially for me, when I turned 18, by my best buddy back then. It recalls very happy memories of those light-hearted days...



I was gifted this beautiful silver mug by my sister friend- I adore it!

My favorite books and faithful companions, slipcovered in my white book covers, dwell into my white desk as well. I find it lovely to have them always on hand!

This letter holder was also a gift from a dear friend, who helped me alot during tough times. It reminds me of her 'true' friendship, and it's soo me!

Linking this to White Wednesday, hope you'll pop by Kathleen's blog to see all the inspiring whites today!
Monica x.

21 comments:

  1. oh what a beautifully serene place to escape to and write down your thoughts...your feelings...your dreams. "merci" for sharing your thoughtful "haven."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you actually USE that desk??? LOL!!! It's so lovely and serene. Try as I might I am never able to keep my "photo ready" for more than a day! Thanks for the inspiration!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're enJOYing every moment, Monica! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your link on White Wednesday. What a gorgeous blog! I love these treasures you posted about and photographed so beautifully.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your desk is beautiful Monica - simple and beautiful! I hope it won't be bubblewrapped on you for too long; it sounds and looks like the kind of thing you wouldn't want to be without for long. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty treasures to have.
    You resemble the girl in the last picture. :)
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely, lovely treasures you've shared with us, Monica. I enjoyed this post very much...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. look lovely. I really like your little Eiffel towers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your desk is a tresor trove! Everything is so elegant and calming...I could spend some quiet time here, myself. I love your book slipcovers, so pretty!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful white post Monica.......lovely evening.....love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so pretty compared to mine:) Oh lala..I am shamed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your desk and it does hold some lovely treasures!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello. I was just looking through the last Green Craft and was admiring your roses! I love making everything from scraps as well. Beautiful blog, and lovely desk!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely that you can feel grounded in the midst of uncertainty and be comforted by the things that you love. Bubble wrap might be fun though, it does make that pleasing popping sound when you squish it ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! The photos capture the serenity and peacefulness of this space!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Monica...a desk full of memories. A beautiful desk full of beautiful memories! I am in awe of your white book covers.
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the peak inside your beautiful desk and I'm glad you could join the party today.

    Don't work too hard.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely treasures inside your desk, Monica !Everything is so beautiful, must be cosy sitting at this desk !
    Nice weekend,
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was lucky enough to stumble upon your blog-what a delightful treat-I'm your newest follower! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful desk Monica filled with memories! My daughter collects Eiffel towers too & they add a lovely romantic touch ♥ I love your ornate letter holder (and vintage cards).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!