explore my site

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What I Made for my Valentine ♡

Do you want to see my gifts for my DH? Hehe, I do know you want!:) I always find it difficult to make/buy 'male' gifts. I want them to be useful, and not too girly... so pretty colors, lace, beads and frills have to be banished!;)
Here is my presentation...

... I simply tied up the boxes in bakers twine and added huge heart- shaped marshmallows!

The gifts are actually the boxes. My husband has a collection of Swatch watches I have given him over the years, and he uses them every day. They are not precious if not for our hearts, but he hadn't a secure place where to put them, tidy and protected. Sooo I thought this was the best chance I had, having to move, to make something nice for that purpose!
I had saved two sturdy boxes from the bin, that I completely covered in original vintage paper and embellished with vintage images printed on fabric. The writings: HANDSOME and SO CLASSY finished them off to perfection.

I chose two symbols of male elegance (in my hubby's style and mine ;)): 'handsome' Cary Grant and... any of you ladies recognize the man on the left of the second pic?? (Revealed below ;))


I used red and white bakers twine to make a heart on the inside of the lid, and added a little message for my DH to enjoy each and every time he uses his watches.


The 'so classy' man on the left is English tennis player Fred Perry, famous for his elegant white sports clothes.


Inside both of the boxes, I created a soft cushion for the watches to rest on.


Monica x.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Monica,
    Such a sweet and dear gift! My husband also has a watch collection..that he wears.
    Did you find a place,did I miss the news. Tell us all about it..
    Have a sweet day and big hugs,Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful watch collection & the perfect gift to keep them in. Hope your Valentine's Day was lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and thoughtful gift! I may have to steal your idea, my husband collects watches also!

    If you need a break stop by for some dessert, it's decadent!

    I've enjoyed my visit today!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE..my husband has many watches too..not like your husbands..mismatched etc:) But he likes them..this is a wonderful idea and yours are extraordinary..I love my husband too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many watches !!! wowww.....lovely gifts !! for your husband !!!....lovely evening darling....love Ria....xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica,

    What a lovely thoughtful gift you made for your sweetheart this Valentines day. He has such a lovely collection. The old photographs are wonderful. Is he the same Fred Perry, that has the clothing line? Don't you just love the elegant white sports clothes.
    Much luck with the move Monica, I will be thinking of you and hope it goes smoothly.

    Hugs and have a lovely week
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those boxes!! Well done and I am sure he loved them!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is a great collection of watches! I love the cookies you made.
    Hope you had a great day!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice collections of Swatch watches!.It's not important that they are not expensive,but that your husband love them!.I have some gifts of many friend that are not expensive but for me are precious more than a diamond!.Perfect place to keep them beloved and protected!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect gift for your husband, Monica! They turned out beautifully.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful idea! I like the masculine Valentines Theme you are right there is nothing to pick from in the stores!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Monica !
    What a wonderful Valentine's gift for your husband !
    Your pictures are so beautiful !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a lovely idea, I never know what to do at Valentine's, you did a great job. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a special gift!!! You are very talented. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Monica, hope all is going well with the move. What a great gift idea for your husband. I'm always making items for others and my husband teases me about when I am going to make something for him. It is hard to come up with male gifts. Love your scarves! Congrats on having them published. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet presentation for your hubby! And his watch collection is just marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning! I adore everything you've done here...it is wonderfully romantic!

    ciao bella!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful boxes! It can sometimes be very difficult to find the right gift. This is a great idea. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Monica these are really awesome for your guy. I love your presentation and I bet he did too. You have the most creative and lovely ideas in that head of yours. It has been so exciting seeing you in all of my favorite Somerset publications lately. Now I am in the habit of looking for you in particular whenever I get one. I am so thrilled to see you there!
    Thank you sweetie for the lovely comment you left for me! you make my day!
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  20. But of course I had to come by. Oh my! This is just too much goodness. I have to sit down.

    Now, the big question is how have I existed on Earth for 40 something years and not learned of Fred Perry prior to this?
    Off to google and oogle him. :()

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!