Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthday Wishes.

I recently became a year older, and I had such a wonderful day!
I always love to celebrate my birthday... I feel especially loved and pampered on this day! My beloved ones use to treat me to the most beautiful things and extra attentions... and all that I do has that special 'birthday' feel that makes my child's heart soar.
I cut a little posy from the balcony (those are my hellebores I transplanted from my garden before moving), and I bought strawberries to prepare a yummy birthday cake.

Aren't they the perfect spring combo?


Then I treated myself to a birthday present, a handful of antique French postcards... yummy!


My family made me feel like a princess! The most beautiful white flowers from my DH were delivered to my doorstep (we're living apart due to space reasons, hoping to be able to find our nest soon!), and my Mom surprised me with a white azalea and two bunches of yellow tulips!
My hubby came here and we had croissant and cappuccino together... we did some fun window shopping... bought a couple of my favorite magazines and happily chatted together... then I spent the rest of 'my' day painting.
My heart is full. I am grateful for my life, for what I have. Now. Even if it's not as perfect as I would like it to be, it is abundant beyond every possible expectations!
Monica x

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Monica! So glad you had a wonderful birthday:)

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I am the first to wish you a Happy Birthday. Your day sounded so lovely. Have a wonderful day and best wishes are being sent your way.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, sweet Monica! You deserve to be pampered. Hope you find the best birthday present soon, a new home!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you Monica,I'm happy to he you was delighted with love of your familry,this is the best way to live a special day !.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Monica! Lovely pictures of your sweet dessert ... & those vintage cards are fabulous.

    Hope all goes well & changes soon come for you.

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. A most beautiful post, Monica! So happy to hear you felt extra special love on your special day!!! Your photos (and postcards) are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday Dear Monica!!!!
    Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Wish I was there to celebrate in person!!!!
    Hope you had a grand day!
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many Happy Birthday Wishes!! And what fun it seems you had!
    Beautiful post!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Wishes to you Monica!
    Sounds like you had the perfect day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy brithday darling......love love Ria.....xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness the 18th slipped by and I missed sending you a timely Happy Birthday Dear Friend. Please forgive me. I do hope you find your new nest soon so you two lovebirds can be together. Know I am wishing wonderful thoughts for you in this coming year and always. Hugs and loves, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy every moment Monica..happy year to you! Beautiful photos~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, dear Monica !
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day and your cake looks delicious.
    You've chosen gorgeous postcards !
    Big hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cake for a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Monica! So glad to hear you celebrated surrounded by love. And great postcards!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, may all your wishes come true..
    ~Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday! The strawberries looked perfect and hope they were sweet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you had a wonderful birthday!!!! Everyone should get the princess treatment on their birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday, Monica...!!! It seems like you had a lovely day!!!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday wishes, my sweet friend. I am glad your heart is happy. I wish you friendship, joy, love and beauty - and a new nest very soon.♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday!! You had a very special day there and that is wonderful!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!