Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Are you Ready????

To celebrate the Royal Wedding I am repurposing the bridal set I created a while back.
The memory bouquet, completely covered in silk rosettes in a sophisticated nuance of cream, definitely is my favorite piece. I envisioned the bride walking along the aisle wearing a meaningful bouquet made with her mother's wedding dress or veil turned into beautiful rosettes, adorned with brooches or earrings previously enjoyed by her grandmother, beads or pearls from vintage necklaces that hold a special memory... "an unusual way to tell a family tale". You can find the complete article I wrote about it in the current issue of Somerset Life.

And of course, I had to make coordinated accessories! Shoes and hair accessories and the complete instructions are published in the Winter issue of Altered Couture, just in case you plan on making yours.


Can't wait to see the fabulous dress, tiara and bouquet that Kate will wear... And you? Will you be watching the wedding of the century?
Monica x

6 comments:

  1. Monica, your wedding items are BEAUIFUL!!!! I will be watching briefly as I have to work, but I will catch up with all the news when I get home. It is so much fun to think about. Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty whites!

    Yep, I'll be watching the wedding!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be watching - later, since the wedding is on at 2 am my time. But I'm planning to have a special breakfast on a tray after my husband leaves for work.
    Your bridal items are ever so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very curious to see them!.It will be a fabolous wedding!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica, lovely wedding items. love the shoes. I will be up in the middle of the night watching. It seems like a real fairytale. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I certainly am, watching it as I type right now :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!