Friday, April 1, 2011

Time to Grow.

I haven't felt this good in such a long time!
Selling our home also meant having no garden anymore... definitely my favorite shooting set. As I take the majority of my pictures outdoors, that could be a problem. Or at least, that's what I thought before moving. On the contrary, this time without a home is proving to be a true blessing after all, from whatever angle you look at it- much needed rest, lots of new ideas and inspiration... and above all, unexpected, longed-for 'me time' to grow! Professionally, personally, spiritually.
Having no private plot of land to play into, off I go every day to some favorite outdoor spots near here... with my camera, hat and a basket crammed full of styling supplies.

I always have with me fresh flowers (even if I can also pick them if needed!), a couple of aprons, table clothes, gardening gloves...

... and naturally, some sweets, a nice mug (pink!) and a thermos filled with delicious hot tea! Didn't you think I work only ;))



Aaahhh.... idyllic!
I feel this was a necessary step to grow. My photography is changing... I now perceive in my images something different- maybe they reflect my being more serene and happy. Me coming out of my shell. Living fully. I believe it's my heart expanding.


Hope you have a terrific weekend, no matter what your plans (... and temperatures in your corner of the world!).
Monica x.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday, Monica! Your photos are dreamy and you have such a good eye for photography! Thanks for your visit and keep up the good work; we all enjoy it!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the weather is beautiful where you are at...such blue skies! The awakening of spring is touching you with it's magic!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, I am so glad you are rested and happy. Your photos do indeed show this. I would love to be having a sip of tea with you.
    Have a great weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Monica, what a sweet inviting visit ... love your temptations!

    Happy pink April lst ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    GIVEAWAY ENDS 4/5

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful post, Monica! I am so pleased that you are feeling free and happy ~ you truly are deserving of it! Now RELAX and ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All happiness as this new phase of your life opens up with new possibilities like a tulip. Open up, enjoy the sun and grow!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply love the basket of tulips on the ground with the mug and sneakers. Should be in a magazine. I am curious. Besides taking lots of pictures what do you think was the turning point for you to start living fully and/or coming out of your shell. Curious because until 6 months ago I worked full time and never had time to devote to my love of photography. Now that I do, I am learning more about myself. I use my camera in many ways. Sometimes just to capture inspiration, be a color, a scene, a mood etc I want to remember. Others are staged photos, others are travel photos for the memories, some of just for fun, my grandchild etc etc. I almost never leave home without my camera. Happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just adore that mug! It's just so sweet. I can see it as a lovely gift filled with Easter candy for a special someone!

    Enjoy your weekend =0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica~ again you inspire me!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your photos. Beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lazy day....beautiful pictures !!! nice nice !! .....love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! I need to take me a walk! :)

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. your photos are full of power Spring ... and I love to sip hot tea outside too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you are feeling relaxed and creative. You are embracing the change in your life rather than clinging to the past. And that shows in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely photos. looks beautiful where you are

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your drawing above, and your photos! They are beautiful. They make me want some chocolate right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Pink Saturday, sweet Monica. I wish I was there to share a cup of tea and a pretty outing with you.

    I am so happy to read of the joy you are experiencing. There truly is a time for all seasons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!