Monday, May 30, 2011

I Survived!

Hi everyone!!
Here I am after the surgery... photo courtesy my DH! (by the way, my 'scarf' made up quickly with a strip of this adorable retro- style fabric, was noticed!;)

Now I am going to relax for a while, I need help to do almost everything but I am happy I am already on the way to complete healing.
I spent the whole afternoon flipping through and reading some of my favorite magazines, between one nap and another... So much inspiration, and I can't wait to start all over again! ;)
All went well, I entered the operating room with peace of mind (also thanks to your support!) and the surgeon and her staff were incredibly sweet... I had been told me to bring along music, so I even listened to Dean Martin while the surgeon was struggling to fix my hand! I have been told it was a little difficult (because I make great use of my hands) and she was glad I agreed to have surgery now.
My sincere thanks for all your caring comments and emails is expressed in my previous post.
Happy Memorial Day to my American friends and readers!
Monica x

19 comments:

  1. hey monica...so happy you are back from your surgery, resting and on the mend. i wish you a speedy recovery so that you may get back to creating those things you love to create! happy memorial day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a SPEEDY RECOVERY, Monica.
    You'll be in my thoughts.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it wil be recover soon my dear Monica.....love Ria...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that the surgery is over and the healing can begin! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica, so glad to know you're doing well after the surgury. And of course looking very chic in your scarf, love it!

    Take good care,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica, glad to see you are up and about. Keep healing.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica I am so happy to hear that you are resting well and that all went well. Take care of yourself and heal well.
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the surgery went well! Love the stylish sling for your hand. :D Now - take care, do as the Doctor says so you will have a fast and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great is that? On the road to recovery already..

    God Bless you.. Hope it happens soo soon.Your creative hands.. are a gift.I am so glad you had a good experience..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Monica,
    I do hope your hand recovers splendidly and that you are able to keep creating such beauty as always. Rest up, and enjoy those magazines and the inspiration they give.
    We will always enjoy your inspiration!
    Take care,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my dear Monica! I'm glad the surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery. You sound so positive in this post, which I know will aid in your healing.

    I always think of you when I crochet and try not to overuse my hands. You made a very big impact on me in that regard.

    With love,
    Melissa

    www.lissabeecreations.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad it went so well and only you can make it look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monica, so glad you are doing well and that your surgery is over. take it easy and don't rush to start creating too soon. big hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad it went well, rest up, take care of yourself and wishing you a super speedy recovery. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear the surgery went well, Monica !
    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do hope your hand recovers splendidly!

    Take care and enjoy the day!
    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Much love to you, Monica! Your scarf is beautiful, and you have such a beautiful outlook -- happy healing!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Monica, glad to hear it all went well. Rest up my girl... rest up! Take it and milk it whilst you can!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Monica, so very happy that all went well and I pray that this month of recovery will just speed by for you! Take good care of yourself, dear friend!! BTW, your retro sling is just adorable! Leave it to you to make yet another fashion statement!! :0)

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!