explore my site

Monday, May 23, 2011

Published in Altered Couture.... Just Perfect!

Today I'm sharing a bib necklace and cuff bracelet I made, thinking Summer!
You can find them in the current issue of Altered Couture... a BIG thank you to Beth for making this possible!

Even if I hadn't the chance to see the magazine in the flesh yet, because of postal issues, the first two pages of my article should appear this way... Just perfect! ;)
And you know I'm thrilled when my work is modeled!

You might like to see additional shots taken by me...


Love how denim looks like paired with tulle! And the light imparted by the embroidered beads and crystals...

For the bracelet, I used a cardboard roll saved from the bin. My complete instructions and article can be found in the magazine. The free tutorial for the flowers is here. Simply use denim instead of organza!


... Can't wait to wear them! Hope this inspires you to create something new and pretty for summer. It's not necessary to spend much money to look beautiful!! Just be creative :)
Happy Monday everyone!
Monica x

17 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That bracelet is fabulous...love the necklace too!! So beautiful
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!
    Well done!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for being published AGAIN! I know it's hard to wait for that long ship ride over the water.... but, you KNOW it will be beautiful when it arrives! Have a great week & Elle sends Kim licks & wags.
    CHarlene & Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! How pretty! I love bib necklaces..my daughter gave me my first one with denim roses..and this bracelet? Oh lala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So cute !

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing creations! I've never heard of a bib necklace...now I'd love to find one! Beautiful job!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Monica, once again a fabulous idea. You are so creative you amaze me,
    Have a lovely day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwwww this is great and so cute.......lovely week darling...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative! I just love making wearable art! These are great!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are lovely Monica, congrats on being published again. yeah. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Monica! It's very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them..as always you have out done yourself. I really love the flowers and think they would be so special pined on a purse.
    Wonderful creations Monica.
    Have a sweet day my friend and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now this is a terrific combination and exactly like what I like to wear. Love the added bit of bling!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  14. Monica, I love the juxtaposition of the delicate tulle with the denim. It's gorgeous!
    I wanted to thank you for your kind comments on my blog this morning. Your support is so very much appreciated!
    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, my sweet friend. I am always so very proud of you.

    These pieces are so pretty.

    I hope to see you this weekend for The Pink Saturday 3rd Birthday Celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Monica,

    Congratulations to have your beautiful work published again.
    The juxtaposition of the tulle and denim is fabulous and will be perfect wearing out this summer.
    Hope that you are having a lovely week

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so pretty - congratulations on being published. Good wishes for a speedy recovery from surgery. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!