explore my site

Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Impressions of Italy.

While my hand is gaining more and more strength and mobility, there's not so much I can do, except for strolling around ;)... when I don't have to do physiotherapy, 2 hours per day actually. Boring but necessary!
So at the beginning of the week, off I went to Lake Como, on a glorious summer day.
I used to live 15 minutes driving from here... and this spot on earth is also dear to my heart because it marks very important steps of my love story with my prince charming= DH! :)
Hope you'll enjoy coming along with me!
Varenna is famous for this picture- perfect corner... It was definitely the perfect sunny day to take pictures of those quaint, colored houses.

There are narrow alleys with steep slope and hundreds of steps that go down to the lake...

... and bright colors everywhere.

While here, I always pop by Villa Monastero for a visit. A former monastery, as its name suggests.

It's a calm place, where you can enjoy silence and meditate while walking up and down the precipitous paths. You can admire and smell the scent of several different plants (cedars of Lebanon, African and American palms, agaves, yuccas, citrus trees, oleanders, to name but a few!) and fill your heart with peace. From here you can enjoy wondrous views of Lake Como.



You can admire amazing architectonic details too...





I particularly love this little gazebo with a balcony on the water... so romantic and peaceful.

The gorgeous, old, dimmed mirrors with chippy frames always deserve a few shots...

Hellooo!! I am in love with my blue- gray hat and Cath Kidston bag.
I must tell you my look of the day was very admired by many of the American and English tourists that filled the little village :)




Time to go away... Hope you liked the tour.
***
I have many things to show you, from amazing fresh flowers to crafty ones, adorable purchases and also bit and pieces of my art. I know that some of you are waiting for me to put online my art portfolios. The right time will come. As for now, please bear with me while I'm healing, looking for a new nest, and having to move again. I really appreciate your patience.
Monica x

34 comments:

  1. OOOhhhh Monica - those photos are SO beautiful. I´m so in love with Italy and have wanted to visit Lake Como for some time now. It´s on my wish list and even more now after seing your pics. Thank you SO much for sharing.... sign
    xo Tina
    ps: You look so pretty in your grey hat :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos. Thank you!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like such a beautiful and magical place. Thanks for the tour, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour of such a pretty place.
    Like your outfit.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your post! You and I could just settle in with our cameras and a glass of vino.
    Alorah~
    That is a friday's favorite for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for guiding, Monica, what a beautiful place !
    Enjoyed your pictures, the one of you in the old mirror is gorgeous !
    Love your hat !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful part of the world you live in. Something interesting lies around every corner.

    And your outfit - sensational! I love the hat and the bag along with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does it get any more glorious? OMG... I am in heaven living thru your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hat and bag too..You're so pretty!
    I am so glad the hand is healing..keep up the physio! Your photos remind us of a movie we just watched..A Month By the Lake?

    With Vanessa Redgrave? Shot in 1995 I think..Such a dear movie..

    ReplyDelete
  10. such lovely vistas...sigh. you are so very lucky to see it all firsthand mon amie. j'adore your oh-so-chic hat and bag. you look very european!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! Thank you for the wonderful tour! Your photos are so beautiful! And, I do love your hat-and the photo of you smiling in the mirror is cute!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bella Fotografia! My favorite is the 5th photo. I have been to Italy several times but never to this part. Boy, what I am missing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowwww...what a great tour...like the pictures....you look so nice with your hat and bag !! lovely weekend....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Monica your pictures are beautiful! I hope to some day visit beautiful Italy but in the meantime seeing your photos will do just fine! It's so lovely to see a pictures of you...a face to a name is always nice:)

    xo,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I can see why you fell in love with Prince Charming here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing pictures!
    And I do love your hat! You look divine Monica!
    Ninni :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! the scenery is amazing!! So beautiful and your photographs do capture the breathtaking sites!!
    Amazing!
    Hugs
    SueAnn
    Oh and I love your outfit...the hat especially and the purse/bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Monica, the photo tour was amazing. I want to fly there right now and never leave, so beautiful and peaceful.
    Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful, my parents have been there and I just saw your beautiful wedding photos on Lake Maggiore, I went there as a child :) Hugs, Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous photos, Monica! And you are just adorable!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Monica,
    I hope your hand heals soon. That is a beautiful place you shared with us.
    You look beautiful in your pretty hat- you are definitely a hat person! I just bought a pretty new hat yesterday at a little shop that is clearing out at half price.I also bought a vintage iron chaise there.

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Monica, your gorgeous, the photos look incredible, all the architecture. I have decided you live close to heaven. I hope your hand heals very soon, thanks for the best wishes. I am at home now recovering too....I love your hat you look so lovely in it. Feel better soon, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Monica what a gorgeous magical place. Someday...
    I love your lovely outfit and hat. You are looking good my friend. I hope you are healing well. Take care and much love, Sharon and Teddy sends high paws too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello dear friend! What BEAUTIFUL photos!! And how lovely you look in the mirror (I admire your hat and dress as well)! You seem to be having a restful time recuperating... the images you are capturing with your camera are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Monica,
    Beautiful photos for sure! The color is so crisp and clear... just breathtaking.
    I'am so glad your hand is doing better.
    Have a sweet day and big Hug, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  26. homina homina. i must go there!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, your picture of Varenna are stunning. It's such a beautiful place. I was lucky enough to go there two years ago and Villa Monastero is like something out of a dream. Beautiful representation of an amazing place.

    Hope this finds you well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. SO SO So So jealous!!! Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Monica, you look beautiful, and I see why everyone was admiring you.

    And, oh my gosh! This is the most beautiful location. I would think I had died and gone to Heaven.

    I'm glad you are healing and getting stronger.♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh soo magnificent! You look beautiful and I love your hat too :) I hope that your macarons where a big success. I'm sure they were absolutly gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Monica,

    Glad to hear that you are gaining more strength and mobility and hope the healing will go well.
    Your photographs of Lake Como are amazing and what an idyllic place and can see why it is such a popular place.
    You are beautiful and love the photos of you smiling in your gorgeous hat.

    Good luck with the physiotherapy.
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  32. What gorgeous photos Monica. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Incredible photos. My hubby who never comments on the blogs I look at even said...WOW! yeah double wow for me.

    Love the hat too!

    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  34. I visited Como last April,there is a magic atmosphere,houses are colored and chic and nature is beautiful...le lake is like a frame for the city,I love your photos,they are fantastic!.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!