explore my site

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Finds.

At last, the sun is shining in my corner of the world, and I decided some retail therapy was in order after a week of gloomy weather and plenty of headache, to cheer me up. As after the surgery I cannot drive yet, I asked my Dad to come with me, and off we went to the flea market...
Here are my finds! First, a precious, vintage baby bonnet (white with a touch of pale pink!) and several big pieces of vintage linen, lace and doilies, for a mere €1/$1.40/£0.80 each. I ask you- could I pass them by??


My poor baby helped me to show you how lovely the bonnet is! ;)

Then I brought home an antique velvet jewelry box and old rosary... for a song!

Not sure if I prefer the former or the latter...


... Aaaand... a gorgeous, huge and heavy vintage atlas! Now I have 8.3 kg/18.3 pounds of vintage maps to use in my art and craft projects... when I build up the courage to put scissors to it!!LOL



Then again, a stack of vintage books and a couple of blue chandy crystals.

And you? Have you found any treasure lately?
Monica x

15 comments:

  1. She makes a great model. :D You did find some nice treasures. No new treasures for me lately - I have put myself on a shopping diet lately. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that sweet Kim......lovely things you find darling.....happy new week...love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find great items..The first photo stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you have one really jealous girl here! Everything you found are absolute treasures. I especially love the rosary and the map. So glad you are out and about friend:)

    xo,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. No tresaure for me but yours are fantastic. Kim looks fantastic in anything she puts on. Hope you are healing.
    Happy Sunday,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. your tresors are so lovely monica! i especially love the white rosary beads. i have yet to get out there and start hunting but i WILL very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finds. Love the velvet box and the rosary. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. What treasures Monica, that Kim is just one beautiful dog and so cute in the hat...I love the rosary and the case, glad you are getting out, it has been raining and raining here lately...waiting for the sun. Keep getting better so you can soon play again. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great finds! The first picture is adorable. I went digging around at a flea market this morning for old jewelry-but found some pretty vintage spoons instead! So cute-not sure what I'll do with them. Glad to hear you're able to get out. Have a good week!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds!! Your adorable dog looks so pretty in the crisp white bonnet. What a sweetheart. No recent treasures although I'm looking forward to my favorite flea market visit coming up on the first Sunday of the month.
    Cheers!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pictures and love your treasures!!!
    Love, KJ & C
    24homes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear that you are healing and getting out and about. Great finds! And that Kim is a very beautiful bonnet model! :) Take care and have a great new week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Monica,
    What a fun day you and your Dad had together. I love the bonnet..
    Monica your wedding photo's are divine. You were a beautiful bride and your dress was stunning. I love the lace.
    Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds, Monica !
    What a lovely picture of Kim, she's so cute with that bonnet !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the doggie is the best of your goodies! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!