Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Found Beauty #2.

Hello my dear friends and faithful readers, and if you happen to be here for the first time, hello to you too!
Today the sun shines high, and after I've been struggling with headaches over the past week or so, I can tell you today is a grand day! Not only because I eventually feel very well, but also because I found beauty in unexpected ways! I found beauty in my regained well- being, in my hand that allows me to start creating again, in people that were so kind to take time to drop me messages about my Somerset Life features and 'just- because' cheery notes, in strangers that did something kind for me... that filled me with great, deep joy and thankfulness.

Moreover, I found beauty in these pointe shoes I recently acquired... I had been looking for a pair of used ballet shoes forever, so imagine my surprise when browsing Etsy, by chance I found a lovely shop, Danusharose, that carried pointe shoes formerly used in a ballet school!
When I saw these beauties of a soft shade of peach, my heart started to flutter... danced, danced, danced... went pitter- patter... skipped several beats... can you blame me, vintage girls?;)

The shop owner, Danuta, is a delightful lady. She was a ballerina herself, Artistic Director and ballet teacher for 25 years. I found true beauty in this woman and in all of her words to me...

I hung my treasures on my Mothers' chest of drawers, just for fun- so they can get a smile out of you and everyone who passes by!

Have a fantastic rest of the week!
... "On with the dance! Let joy be unconfined."
Lord Byron.
Monica x

18 comments:

  1. Hi Monica, I love your photos...they make myself dream !.Beauty is a special gift and can be hided in everithing !.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Monica Sweetie...
    Oh I am so sorry to hear you have been experiencing headaches. I get migraines quite often and have to take medication for them, so I can feel your pain. I will be remembering you in prayer sweet friend. Hopefully today will be a grand day.

    Love, LOVE your point shoes. I can't wait to go and visit your new friend, so that I can see if she has more in her Etsy shop. I too, have wanted a pair for some time. They are absolutely breathtaking. I love how you hung yours from a dresser handle. So princess like. Soft and beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing sweetie. Please take care of yourself. Many hugs and much love from Phoenix, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better, beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that the head and hand are better and that you found something beautiful to make your heart sing! Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so lovely Monica! Ordinary objects become extraordinary when you touch them...and photograph them. So enchanting...so timeless.
    Thank you for sharing!
    I am delighted to hear you are feeling better. I have had my own things and I am feeling better, too! It is a blessing to enjoy eating again for me!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica,
    Yeah!!! your feeling better...and your hands are better too...happy dances all around..
    I love the ballet slippers, so charming and of course you created another masterpiece photo..
    You always amaze me...
    Have a sweet day and big hugs,Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're beautiful, Monica! I'm so glad you found them. I'm sorry about your headaches - but you're feeling better now? And your hand is better!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. C'est beau! I left ballet just when I got to toe shoes..we moved:(

    I wish I had kept mine..I still remember the feeling and scent of my pre toe shoes..that beautiful soft off pink leather..
    I think I will search for a pair and see if the scent is the same almost 50 yrs later..

    You made them look ethereally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost my ballet slippers long ago. Your beautiful photo's bring all those memories flooding back. Glad your hand is better and you are back to creating more beautiful things. The world needs them my friend. Hugs, xoxo Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, you always seem to find the best treasures. I love the ballet slippers. hugs to you, sorry about your headaches. It is great when you wake feeling good though. hugs dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous post. Makes me want toe shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely vision, yellow my favorite color. You have started my day cheery.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, my dear Monica. I am so glad you are feeling better and stronger. I know you need to share your creative spirit. I am sending you thoughts and prayers for comfort, health and a soaring spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Monica, how lovely your pointe shoes look and how wonderful the flowers look with them!! If only we were closer.....ahhhh someday we shall meet!
    So sorry your headaches have been happening again, it must be sommething in the air, my lupus has been causing me so many problems. I am on the mend though so I do hope to visiting regularly again!!!
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pointe shoes are lovely! So glad you found joy in them; your creativity is boundless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so happy that you are able to create again. your soul must have missed it. those slippers are so beautiful! i will have to check out that shop. merci for stoping into my studio and for your sweet compliments. they made me smile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Monica, I'm so sorry to hear that you've not been well, I do hope you are now on the way to feeling better. I also wanted to say how beautiful these images are, so so pretty! Warmest hugs from an old farmhouse in England - Glenda xxx (P.s. thank you so much for such lovely compliments - so kind of you!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pointe shoes and the photography. I went out and purchased the Somerset magazine and I must tell you, your photography on your blog of the roses is so much nicer than the the article. I realize they can only use a select few but your photography is so stunning, as are those roses which I wanted to learn how to make. Have been a huge fan of your photography since I found your blog....even when I don't visit regularly. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!