explore my site

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

... Welcome Autumn and a New Look!

Between one thing and another on my busy schedule of the moment, I thought to give my blog not only a new header inspired by the season, but a new fresh look as well.
I've kept it plain and white, so 'me', but made it bigger, so that my pictures can 'breathe'. The text is bigger too and different in color from the former version, and hopefully you can read it better.


For my banner, I've chosen pictures that remind me of the coziness of this blessed season, like this centerpiece I made with roses and gilded pumpkins...

... the wamth of tartans and wool...

... and the pleasure of nesting and crafting for the upcoming Holiday Season.

I wanted to include my favorite quote too, in the form of this mixed media painting I have finished recently:

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
L. M Alcott.

Hope you like my new look as much as I do. It's not complete yet, some things I wanted to include are missing, but I'm working on that (when I have time).
I have also scheduled in my organizer some time to prepare new, free, crafty tutorials for you!! It has been ages since I posted one, and now it's time to fatten my collection! :) starting from how to make my coffee filter roses many of you have admired (... many thanks, by the way!!). So please, come back often... you will have something to work on when the temperatures cool down!
Hope your week is starting off nicely!
Monica xo

11 comments:

  1. Your new look is stunning, as are your creations, sweet Monica! And tutorials??? What a joy! Can't wait to see it all! Love the sunflower girl!!

    Hope your holiday weekend was fabulous! Mine was good...just knee deep in pumpkins!! LOL!!

    Big hugs to you!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous! the minute i opened it up i sighed outloud. truly..it looks and feels exactly like the upcoming season i love best....l'automne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica- It looks lovely! I'll be bck to check out your coffee filter roses! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. GASP! It look BEAUTIFUL! Great job... And, i love your coffee filter roses. I'll be so excited to see the tutorial!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica..I tried to see it earlier and could not..
    Everything is BEAUTIFUL.
    I just took many sunflower photos for my friend who is away and her sunflower grew.. and grew..today was the full bloom:)

    I took every stage for her..so she would not miss it.

    Your artwork is so me:)I just can't do it!
    Good for you..Tout est beau.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica,

    I love your new Autumn look, the rich warm colours are always so beautiful and inviting.
    I always love seeing your gorgeous work, the quote is a lovely one, and thanks for sharing.

    Have a happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh MONICA! It's BEAUTIFUL! I am swooning! Truly speechless... just BEAUTIFUL!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your newest look. I am ready for fall and all the rich colors. You are so talented and can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wide look of your template. I have tried to do the same but have given up.

    Happy Fall,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new look Monica...but then everything you do is just breathtaking! I happily read your feature in Somerset's Holidays and Celebrations. Nice work Girl!

    I so enjoy my visits over here in "Italy" ~ thank you for sharing all you do. Oh, by the way, I love fresh cucumber sandwiches too. {Wink!}

    Ciao bella ragazza,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!