Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Days.

Hi all! Hope you're enjoying Fall as much as I am.
This year I kept my decor very simple- a single pumpkin, laid on a gorgeous primitive quilt I purchased from Isabelle (that was parting with it to tidy up her little cottage) on my plaid vintage suitcase, and a little bunch of mums.




The mums match the dark red of the blocks beautifully...



I love Autumn for that sweet sense of home it evokes... I like gazing at the flames, happily crackling in the fireplace... with a blanket on my knees, my dog snoring at my feet and a good book or journal... waiting to savor the roasted chestnuts!


I love the cooler temperatures, and to finally be able to wear my all-shades-of-cream woolen sweaters...

Kim is enjoying Fall as well... In my spare time, I am sewing her a waterproof coat lined with tartan. She was modeling some different fabrics when I took this photo! I even managed to bake (my version of) pumpkin pie...

Happy Fall weekend everyone!
Monica x

18 comments:

  1. Happy Autumn! I am blogging again (and can't seem to email with you)! Your mannequin is lovely, and is a perfect place to display your gorgeous scarf creations. Kim looks like she'e having a happy autumn, too! Happy Weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet sweet Kim.......love that dog........enjoy a happy fall weekend....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. joyeux autumne to you as well dear monica. it all look so cozy there. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall decoration is simple and perfect! I loved seeing the picture of Kim...she is as beautiful as ever and looks very smart in the coat fabric! And your pie looks delicious! Homemade is the best!!

    Happy Autumn!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking pictures !
    And You "painted" wonderful picture with Your words...
    I simply love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet dog coat Monica...and that pie looks just about perfect. I love those sweaters too. This is such a luxurious time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cosy and autumnal. love this time of year too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest sweet monica, i love your fall decorations! So beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    jacquline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fall post, Monica, wonderful photos !
    Kim is so cute !
    Enjoy that pumpkin pie, it looks delicious !
    Nice weekend,
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and wodnerful, Monica! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Autumn! I love old quilts, time worn memories stitched with love~ Beautiful photos~
    Kim is adorable; I think she will love her new fashionable coat! ATB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Fall photos, as always, sweet Monica! Gotta love those chestnuts roasting on an open fire! Give sweet Kim a big hug.

    Happy PS!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dear Monica and Kim, Your Fall is beautiful. I love sweet Kim as your model. Her wonderful eyes touch my soul every time I see her photo.
    Teddy and I just returned from a two week road trip to Tucson AZ, Laguna Beach CA and the Oregon coast. He has become spoiled as every time we get in the car he thinks "ah another vacation". LOL stay warm my friend, it is 24 degrees here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet and simple, warm and welcoming. Your decor is so perfectly autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your fall post. I already see too much winter things around me. And autumn is so beautiful.
    Thanks for this perfect autumn post.
    Have a great week.
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful photo,s and blog.
    your dog is a sweety

    ReplyDelete
  17. Monica, only you could make Autumn look so lovely. Your photos speak to my heart.

    I've never had roasted chestnuts. I'll have to try them. And, your version of pumpkin pie looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!