Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Found Beauty #6- Antique Treasures.

Over the past month, I surely fattened my collection of antique treasures!
Would you like to sneak a peek at my finds?
Divine French and Italian linens, magistrally hand- embroidered...


... doilies and lace...

... Italian photographs and a box crammed full of vintage sewing essentials...

... rusty scissors, MOP buttons and leather measuring tape...

Aren't these children and puppy adorable?

Love the two ladies in their elegant attires...

The backs are often as stunning as the fronts!

... Linen galore! Pillow cases, face cloths, hand towels, nightgowns, bedlinen...

and some antique bloomers too!! Such amazing pieces...and I didn't spend a fortune to have them. The lady at the antique market told me no one wants these things anymore! ... Are you kiddin' me??? I. want. them. all!!! :)





I plan on actually using the face cloths (they're way too gorgeous to cut!) and some of the other pieces will become adorable doll clothes, hearts, bookcovers and pillows similar to these below I have previously made, that I love to scatter all around my home. 

These pillow covers were a gift, they have our initials... MG. I like to keep many cushions on our bed, on a rigorously white duvet cover/ bedspread. Nothing is as charming, romantic and elegant as white on white, I think.

Hope your week started off nicely!

Will share this post at:


Monica x

22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these linens are fabulous, be still my heart! Love monograms, whomever they have belonged to... thanks for sharing all the yummy inspiration! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful..........love from me Ria.....♥.. ♥... ♥....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the antique linens ... drool ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is beautiful and those photos are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Monica, thanks for sharing with all of us.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica... I believe you have the most enviable stash of antique linens and treasures! What a joy to find so many lovely pieces! I wouldn't want to cut into them either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my you certainly hit the Motherlode in Found Fabulous Treasures didn't you!!! Wow... thanks for sharing your haul, it's all so Romantic and Beautiful.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...so many beautiful finds, Monica! The linens are just lovely and I know how you love vintage sewing implements! Wonderful!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your finds are lovely. I especially love the vintage linens...beautiful.

    xo,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Monica you scored BIG TIME!!!!! You got some really wonderful treasures. I'm sure you will make something fabulous with them!!! Have a wonderful week my friend!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monica, your found a gold mine. I know you will make some treasures. I told you once I like color, the more I come here I like white on white too. so romantic. hugs, glad you are well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Monica! Your treasures are truly delightful!! Would love to get my hands on those linens!! Sublime!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week, sweetie!
    Hugs to you!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful collection, Monica !
    Everything is gorgeous and I do love those vintage photos, I have a small collection myself.
    Wish you a great weekend !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is what i call " super treasure " !
    How can anyone pass this by, and not adore it !!??
    Wishing You more and more treasures.
    Alina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your collection of linen is amazing, just imagine all the hours of work the ladies put into those beautiful monograms and crocheted edges.
    That's why we collect and treasure them so.
    Hugs,
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I.want.them.all, too! What treasures you found! I have a huge collection of vintage linens; they provide a wonderful connection to the past, don't they. I'll be following and watching to see what your secret project is!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I hope you'll stop by for a visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely luscious, Monica! I would'ave nabbed them all, too! There's just something about the feel of vintage linen......yum!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Monica, what treasures you have found, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, those are absolutely beautiful! What lovely finds! Enjoy them! I am so happy you shared this @ Show & Share, thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Monica, I'm over from June and now I'm drooling over your gorgeous lace and linen finds. I immediately have to plan a trip to Italy when no one likes such things there anymore :-). Here in Germany I manage to get a good deal here and there but such really gorgeous pieces like the ones you found, are mostly very expensive.
    Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!