Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mannequin Makeover and Some New Scarves!

... Introducing Johanna!! (Named after my dear Granny, from whom I inherited my passion for sewing).
I've been on the lookout for a mannequin for such a long time! And finally, last month, I found her... abandoned in a gloomy (and not that clean!) corner of a thrift store, in dire need of a makeover! She's actually a torso, but I love her anyway!
It took me awhile to decide which was the look I wanted to convey, and in the end I opted for old book pages, to conphere her a very neutral look, to be paired with anything I might want her to model. After hours of patient glueing, here she is, already in a Winter mood, sporting one of my newest woolen scarves/necklaces, I managed to make in the latest few days, too!

This one in a chic combination of cream and cocoa wool... sooo soft and warm!


The second one in two different shades of gray, embellished by two handmade organza flowers, adorned by beads.


And here's Johanna's before... I bet she's much happier now!!

21 comments:

  1. So chic! Both the mannequin and the scarves are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how many times I have thought of my mannequin I threw out:( At our last move..

    Boohoohoohoo..

    Look at yours..and the scarves? i love scarves and blooms..
    Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her covered in the old book pages...but have to admit I quite liked the original too.
    Your scarves/necklaces are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a beauty and the perfect "one" to show off your scarves. Love how she cleaned up! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Johanna rocks! And so do your scarfs. Very different. I like that about them. And, you did a great job staging for your photos. Margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johanna is quite lovely, Monica. Congratulations! I drape my girl Letitia in scarves occasionally and she loves it!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is perfect. I have been looking for a dress form, but no luck. Love how she displays your beautiful creations.
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Johanna's redo! Beautiful scarves! You have been busy and with great results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is genius! What a beautiful little mannequin! Great job. So happy to be on the list of places you share this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice !!...love from me...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Johanna is beautiful and you are so going to enjoy dressing her up. The scarves are gorgeous, Monica!! I think I wear one every day! I love the little flowers.

    Hope all is well in your world!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you made over Johanna! Sooo very pretty now and the scarves are lovely, too! Hope you are having a wonderful Fall!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Johanna so nice to meet you! Your transformation is amazing! Dear Monica, your scarves are beautiful...love the neutral tones. They look so luxurious and cozy.

    xo,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh "Johanna" is lovely..just lovely! i am sure your grandmother would think the same! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo! What a difference You have made in "her"
    life !! And scarfs....!Very unique...
    Alina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your new "model" and the scarves are fabulous!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Monica, Johanna is just beautiful. You have made her into quite a stunner. And, your scarves are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was given a dress form too...and working on restoring it...love how yours came out. Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-rock-8.html. Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there...

    Remember...YOU ROCK!!

    Carmen @ RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love her!! And great necklaces too!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So charming~ Thanks so much for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!