Thursday, December 15, 2011

5 Quick Gift-Wrapping Ideas.

Just popped in to say hello!
I thought I'd show a few simple and creative ideas to wrap up your presents in seconds, if you haven't yet.
1. Newspaper, Burlap and Twine:

Wrap up the present in newspaper, burlap ribbon and twine, hot glue pinecones down, add a simple coordinated tag, and you're done!
Check my article "Wrapped Up in the News" in the upcoming issue of Somerset Life for more ideas to gift-wrap using newspaper.

2. Fabric and Scrap Wreaths:

Use fabric instead of paper, and top with a little wreath made with wool and fabric leftovers.

3. Sheet Music (or ledger or book paper) and Ribbon Roses:

Cover a box entirely or wrap- up your gift in old paper. Then top with a gorgeous ribbon rose (my free tutorial here). Make a Christmas tag instead of the Paris-inspired one shown above.

4. Vintage Pattern Paper, Doily and Glittered Birdie:

As easy as A, B, C! Use Divine Twine in a color of your choice and add a rusty, old key and a glittered bird. A fresh fir tree twig would be a great, and divinely scented, addition.

5. Pattern Paper, Doily and Wish Ticket:

Add greenery or/and a bell for a Christmas-sy touch.

Monica x.

21 comments:

poppilinnstudios said...

Each one is gorgeous! Thanks for the beautiful ideas! Inspiring.
-Lynn

Sherry Smyth said...

these look amazingly easy and amazingly beautiful!

La Table De Nana said...

I love all your wrappings..What a treat to make..give..receive..I love paying attention to detail in wrapping~

I think I have only wrapped 1 gift I like this year:) Truly!

It's me said...

Thanks for share.....i like them all !!....loev from me........♥.. ♥... ♥....

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Monica,
Lots of great tips! I have used newspaper before and also raffia with brown paper. Thanks for sharing and to you and yours...

Merry Christmas,
Sandi

domenica.60 said...

Idee semplicemente splendide! E' davvero un regalo quando anche il pacchetto è confezionato con un tocco di curata originalità.
Un saluto
Franca

Sylvia said...

Lovely ideas, Monica, those packages all look gorgeous !
Thanks for showing us, I love that vintage package with the cute bird :-)
Hugs to you and Kim,
Sylvia

Cape Cod Washashore said...

These are CHARMING, Monica! They make me want to wrap my presents right now (and I haven't wrapped a single thing yet)! ;) xo

Miss Sandy said...

Always something exquisite here! I am so glad you popped in to say hello and to share these beautiful gift wrap ideas. And in case you are wondering, no, none of mine are wrapped, that is on the agenda for this coming weekend. I hope you have a very wonderful holiday!

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful! I would be honored to receive such a thoughtfully wrapped gift!

Happy Holidays, Monica!

XO,
Jane

Abby's Paperie Garden said...

Beautiful ideas! I love wrapping gifts with what I have on hand. In fact, I'm in the midst of doing just that!

xo, abby

Mereknits said...

Monica, if I showed you how pathetic I am at wrapping presents you would be appalled. My friends and family make so much fun of me, for all my creativity (which is minor compared to yours) I can not wrap a present to save my life. Really, I am not kidding all of them look like a seven year old wrapped them, a seven year old with severe attention problems. But yours my dear are lovely.
Hugs,
Meredith

Alina said...

Genius ideas ! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Winter hugs from sunny Florida!

Charissa said...

Beautiful. Your gifts are wrapped with such dimension and texture...totally not my strengths in gift wrapping but I love it!

Bee happy said...

Wonderful ideas, they are all so pretty :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

SueAnn said...

They are all beautiful!!
Thanks for the tips
Hugs
SueAnn

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

O.k so they are STUNNING,that is something I am not good at and do not enjoy ...but if I could wrap like you..well..Merry Christmas!!

TheVintageMagpie said...

all so beautiful Monica... I don't think I could open the present if it came so beautifully wrapped!! x

GardenChic said...

How creative you are. Love all the ideas and can't wait to wrap my presents.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Love, Jody

The Vintage Hobby House said...

fabbytastic ideas,just found your fabulous blog will be checking in often
XX Manda XX

Barbara Jean said...

wonderful wrapping ideas.
Love your wreath on previous post too.
I make mine out of birch limbs.

blessings
barbara jean