Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cinnamon Palm Cookies.

This is my own recipe for palm cookies. I don't use salt and I like to add cinnamon when I prepare them for Christmas.

Ingredients:

One sheet puff pastry for about 15 cookies
Cinnamon
3 spoons each of Demerara sugar, white granulated sugar
Silver dragees (optional, these have been banned from California and somewhere considered inedible, but they're still sold and used here)

Directions:

Preheat the oven ( 180°C/350F).
Combine sugars, and spread evenly on the puff pastry. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Roll the pastry toward the centre, until you have two rolls meeting in the very centre of the dough rectangle. Cut into slices.

Sprinkle with granulated sugar and silver dragees (please note that these are very hard, so not suitable for elderly people or young children).

Bake until caramelized (about 15 minutes in my oven, but it depends. Check them often).

Enjoy!
Monica x

8 comments:

  1. hmmm..delightful! I must try the recipe! TFS mon amie! Merry Xmas to you and yours as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these, i make lemon ones and also the same as these but with grated chocolate...yummo. we still the silver cachous in Australia too...
    i recently found your blog thru Pinterest and have really enjoyed your posts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious !!...love from me...xxx..

    x
    xxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ||
    ||



    Fijne Kerstdagen,
    Merry Christmas,
    Glaedelig Jul,
    Merry Christmas,
    Joyeux Noel,
    God Ju

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmm delicious! Must try these, problem is I can't find ready made puff pastry here and not sure I fancy making it myself! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delish!! Gotta go make some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family. The picture of your sweet dog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!