Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Look Back at 2011.

Hey there dear friends and readers! Cannot believe we're ready to say farewell to 2011, can you? This year, for me, has just flown by!
As usual, I like to write this 'look back' as my last post of the year.

In January, precisely on the very first day of the month, I finished Janvier, one of my Well Loved teddies, wearing the symbol of a new home for us in a new Country. My white bookcovers made their appearance in an article in Somerset Life, together with a few of my shots in the Miscellany section of the magazine.

In February, we moved from our home to a temporary address, and put all of our belongings in storage. My hubby gave me a new laptop to be able to survive the move, and I created for him pretty boxes as Valentines. My woolen scarves were published in Green Craft Magazine, and it has been the first time ever one of my creations was modeled!

In March I started to de- stress after more than 6 months of packaging and bureaucracy, slept an awful lot, and started to deeply feel the call to paint once again. I celebrated my birthday, and out of the blue found out I had to have surgery on my left hand in May.

In April, I had the great joy of having the transplanted peonies from my garden blooming!
My rosette bouquet, a photo-tutorial and other pictures were published in Somerset Life. April has definitely been growing time for me.

In May, I finally had surgery to fix Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left hand too, after I had it fixed in the other hand four years ago. May has been a time of rest and reflection, as I couldn't do a single thing and had to excercise my hand more than two hours per day.
My Bear Doll Pincushions were published in Art Doll Quarterly, and my denim bib necklace and cuff bracelet in Altered Couture (... and modeled once again!).

The month of June was full of beauty, flowers and colors. I found gorgeous treasures at the antique market and visited Lake Como, where I used to live.

In July I made good use of a vintage train case I had bought at the thrift shop, making a portable studio out of it. My coffee filter roses with a vintage patina were published in Somerset Life. For those interested in making them, a free tutorial is available on my blog here.

All over August, I continued to answer my call... One of my projects was in Green Craft Magazine once again, and I made inspiration stones. I had fun playing with my camera to capture beauty and colors around me.
I felt so very blessed that I needed to fix those feelings on canvas... didn't perceive any sort of lack in my life, but only Abundance.

In September, I finally shared the long- awaited tutorial to make coffee filter roses and another one to make felted acorns. I was published again (gosh, by now you'll be bored stiff to hear...;)), and enjoyed some little pleasures. I welcomed Autumn with a new look for my blog.

October was filled with wonderful colors outside and deep into my heart. I found one gorgeous, vintage, plaid suitcase that I love. My interview as a 'Pro' was published in Somerset Apprentice, and I painted several mixed media canvases. I felt really very inspired!

In November, my creative biz took flight (will tell you my news in my next post- sorry I had to write this farewell to 2011 first!) and my priorities shifted, but I found the time for going antiquing, cozying up in front of the fire and decorating. I roasted chestnuts and spent quality time with my family. Painted several new canvases with butterflies and affirmation girls. I made new woolen scarves, and made- over a thrifted mannequin. Finally had the chance to see my feature in Romantic Homes.

The month of December brought me joy joy joy, excitement and new inspiration, some Christmas cards from blog friends, and endless hours painting! I sewed a coat for Kim, started a Biz Gratitude Book, crocheted a bit and treated me to some yummy magazines. I shared my crafty snowmen at Design Dazzle, quick wrapping ideas, a recipe, and pretty, easy projects here and here. I also asked you about your 'creative' decorations, and you have been so nice to share your experience and thoughts with me/my readers... Thank you!

Thank you also for another wonderful year of blog friendship, help, support, tears, laughing, creativity, sweet comments and emails, inspiring ideas! Let's toast to another one, filled of joy, love and peace of mind for everyone!
Happy New Year!
Monica xoxo

14 comments:

  1. You've certainly experienced a bountiful year, Monica! Here's to yet another one in 2012!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very full and rewarding year Monica. Wishing you a new year filled with more promise and more possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Blog is a magic break in my everyday life!
    The warmest wishes for the New Year !!!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This flashback is a feast for my eyes.You have also had a ton of courage..
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post darling !!...i will not look back......to difficult......love from me...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful look back at a wonderful creative year ♥
    May 2012 be filled with Love, Luck and Laughter!
    xoDeb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica you have had an exciting year and I am glad you have shared all of it with us. Your creativity always amazes me. Here is to a wonderful 2012!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica- What a beautiful review of all your "treasures". I loved every photo- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing the beauty and delight of your 2012! I look forward to discovering where our journey through 2012 will take us dear friend.

    xo,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Monica Dear!
    Wishing You another wonderfull New Year!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Monica! This is a wonderful recap and I so enjoyed catching up on your busy and productive year. Wishing you a very festive weekend and a New Year filled with health, love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheers to you!
    You have had a fabulous year...congrats!
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buon Anno Monica!

    No, I am not bored by seeing your gorgeous creations in any magazine! Wonderful look back. I am so glad to know you now ~ you truly are an amazing woman.

    Ciao bella ragazza,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've had a fantastic year, Monica. I hope that 2012 brings you your heart's desires. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!