explore my site

Friday, January 27, 2012

In Somerset Life.

I finally received my copy of Somerset Life, where my work is published once again. Thanks from the heart to all the kind ladies that made this possible and worked hard to give us all such a wonderful issue of the magazine!

I have been asked to share with their readers my vintage portable studio. ... I was delighted!



I've been a fan of newspaper as free supply for gift- wrapping for a long time... here is my article about that with some ideas for you.



And much to my surprise, I found these map- wrapped gifts I had sent to the Editor-in-Chief to say thank you are featured too! :)) I told you vintage maps are my latest obsession... ;) Maybe will show close ups of these in another post someday, should you fancy to borrow the idea.

Finally, I also contributed to the Miscellany section with two of my shots. Sorry the vintage camera belonged to my Grandfather is on another page- I'm happy to have my family heirloom among things that inspire.

Treat yourself to this issue if you haven't yet. My talented friends Abby and Michelle are in too, with fabulous creations!
Have a terrific weekend- the weather is forecasted to get worse over here... we have had beautiful sunshine for many weeks now and haven't had proper cold as of yet. Hope this disturbance doesn't bring snow! :(
Monica x

19 comments:

  1. What nice to see you in that magazine !!....you must be famous now....!!....love for the weekend.....xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to find this magazine..Bravo!! Everything looks delightfully beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for you, Monica! Your work is very creative and special. I love when it is shared!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought that issue and loved reading it. Loved your write up. Gorgeous photos and lots of fun. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great being able to create such marvels with your immagination and sweet bits of Past!
    Sono entusiasta di avere scoperto il tuo mondo
    artistico!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your continued support and kindness, Franca! Grazie!

      Delete
  6. I'm thrilled for you, Monica! What joy this must bring to you... you are SO deserving! Love your wrapping paper ideas, and your portable studio is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic, Monica! Congratulations! Beautiful ideas and moments you share with your work. I love the map wrapped packages!

    Ciao and have a safe and cozy weekend. xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered that magasin, and received it some days ago. Love it.

    Have a nice week

    Hugs Bente

    ReplyDelete
  9. i thoroughly enjoyed ALL of your features in this issue! as always..so much inspiration! Merci for your kind mention of my contribution as well dear monica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica, how exciting!!!! I love that you are being recognized for your incredible talent. Thanks for sharing with us because we are all here to cheer you on!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again beautiful work dear friend. We finally have power back after 6 days. The snow and ice storm did horrific damage to my beautiful gardens, downing most of my Japanese Maples and other exotic trees I planted 20 years ago. It shall take months to clean everything up and start over, but I will do it. Love and hugs to you and sweet Kim. Teddy is so glad to be warm again and that the winds have stopped. Me too.
    Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao Bella Ragazza!

    Congratulations Monica ~ What a fabulous way to start the new year, along with all the other goodness in your creative life. It's a wonderful feature and of course, beautifully photographed.

    Ciao, ciao,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you finally received your copy. Your features are inspiring, as always. And I'm ecstatic to be featured in the same issue with you and Michelle.

    xo,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Monica! You must be "flying" high! The pages in the book look wonderful! I do need to get that edition!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotta tell you that your portable studio caught my eye before I even cracked open the book! And I was not disappointed! Then there was the article on your wrapping - divine!!!! While this issue was indeed wonderful, your features made it purrfect!!!!

    Purrs!

    Romeo and "her"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulation Monica, I saw your beautiful work in this magazine and I just breathed a sigh! Love the Somerset series...always a joy to receive! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It all looks glorious, Monica! I'm not surprised at the multiple features of yours here. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!
    Congratulations,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Monica,

    I just picked up the magazine and your articles were my faves! I was completely enchanted with the photos of your creativity and set the magazine aside so I could come visit your world as I was feeling hungry for more.
    I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for sharing all the beauty, blessings and fun before I leave this page and begin scrolling through older posts.
    Many thanks!

    X o X p
    from a girl who lives in a historic cottage with an abundant garden overlooking the sea, come visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!