Monday, January 9, 2012

My Word for 2012 is...



... BLOOM!
vb (mainly intr)
1. (of flowers) to open; come into flower
2. to bear flowers; blossom
3. to flourish or grow
4. to be in a healthy, glowing, or flourishing condition

It was only a few years ago that I started to choose a word to be the tune for the upcoming year. A single word to symbolize how I'd want my year to feel and look like, a word to work on, instead of resolutions that tend to be easily forgotten along the way. Chosing a single word help me focus and direct my energies. As usual, it happens I have a single one recurrently coming to mind when I start to think of a new year ahead, without considering too much... The one I'm supposed to choose just holds on, when I try to explore new entries... It seems it's the word that's "choosing me"! Probably we unconsciously know what we'd love the new year to bring in to our lives. So I sincerely send that word out there in the Universe for it to align its energy around that idea...
In 2009 'Simplify' chose me. In 2010 I really needed to 'Relax'. 2011 was cadenced by the word 'Expand'. Now on to 2012. Opening up to new things and new possibilities, flourishing, staying in a healthy condition, expressing in my life the qualities I see in flowers: grace, simplicity, beauty, inspiration... this is how I'd love to live the year ahead. May I, dear Universe?
And you? Do you make New Year's resolutions or choose a word?
Monica x

16 comments:

  1. My mantra this year has been to "simplify" - actually your own from 2009! With six people in a tiny house, this will prove to be a tricky task. Each of us has our own precious belongings, and as the kids get older and amass more things, clutter has ensued! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, HAPPY NEW YEAR & I love your word. I didn't use to do resolutions (because I break them) but, in years past I have done words. Last year... NO WORD came to me & I will tell you that the year seemed to be a scattered mess. This year... I haven't really thought of it because again I am scattered. I DON'T want scattered to be my word! So, with your encouragement I will indeed be thinking of MY WORD! Hugs to you & Kim from Elle & I. PS: Elle had her surgery last week so the decission for NO PUPPIES is final. We had thought we might breed her but, she is too small & we don't want to risk loosing her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, I made a resolution. Just one. It's enough to handle because it's a Big one! LOL! I need to remind myself of it constantly.

    I like your word!

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect word for you as you travel on to new ways of living and working. Mine is Change, whether I like it or not. I am not fond of change, I like things to stay the same, but there will be no choice for me this year. I like Bloom a lot better.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great word......
    Such beautiful pictures to it....
    Fine evening

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Amaryllis are gorgeous..Hope your cold is getting better..Pretty word..I think you are w ell on your way:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful images...
    sweet word = sbocciare!
    hugs from Italy
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went with a word, mine is clarity!
    Happy New Year to all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dream to create a "sweet & chic stall" with my crafts in the country fairs world!
    Magnifico il Vocabolario,come uno scrigno prezioso!
    Greetings
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  10. bloom - i like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i usually make "resolutions" but i soooo adore your idea to choose a word! simply lovely! hmmmm...i think my word for 2012 will be...."seek." Seek beauty in everyone and everything....."seek and ye shall find! "

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fantastic idea !
    For me the word for this year is "Thought"
    Toward the end of last year I found a quote, that made me think:
    "All that we are is the result of what we have
    thought" - BUDDHA
    I will pay attention to my thoughts from now on...
    Stay well Dear ! Hugs from Florida

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monica, that is a great word for you, I choose a word. this is my third year and the word is colorful. hope your feeling better. hugs. cin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I chose a word...COMPLETE...is my word. I want to complete those projects I started in 2011.
    Sigh!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. A perfect word. And, your photos are absolutely stunning.

    My word for every year is grace. It seems to stick with me, too, because I can never change it. I am always striving for grace in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Monica,
    could you please e-mail me I don't see a contact on your blog. I have a request.Ciao Rita
    ritareade@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!