Monday, January 16, 2012

On Seasonal Living.

Couldn't help but post my new header before January ends. For the beginning of the year, I chose shades of brown and white (you know I love) as my color scheme. I love to change it often, like I do like to often change things around my home... to fit the season, to fit my mood.
One of the most delightful things to me is living seasonally, sensing the rhythm of the year.
Enjoying the coziness of staying indoors in Winter, crackling fires to keep me company while I curl up on the sofa with a good book and a warm blanket. Comfort food, woolen scarves and sweaters, mittens, earth tones all around my home.
In Spring, I love to awake to warmer temperatures after the long, cold winter, sow and plant and just spend time in the garden with my doggie happily sniffing the air, observing bulbs sprouting up from the cold earth, the teeny tiny buds on the bare branches becoming lovely flowers. Pastel colors become my favorites then, and I usually begin to cook lighter, more colored meals and to refresh my home and my wardrobe as well.
Summer brings along nights of star gazing and lots of time to spend outdoors, just working, walking or relaxing, bright and cheery colors, light clothes and an everending array of yummy salads and fruit to eat. It's time to jam making, to preserve vegetables from the orchard or the farmer's market.
Autumn in the end, gives us a palette of wondrous oranges, reds, yellows and browns to deeply savor, together with a bountiful harvest. It's time to nest and plan ahead for the Holiday Season, that will spread cheer all around.
So, here's my new banner, if you haven't noticed yet I changed it...

Hope your week is off to a good start!
Monica x

12 comments:

  1. Love your new banner, Monica!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful new banner......love from me...happy week hugs for Kim...from my girls....xxx.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty..I made those rocks:) Because of toi:)
    Thank you for the tip re comments..I enjoy the seasons like you do..so cold here this week..the fire is roaring in late afternoon into the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new header, Monica. I want to live seasonally but can't seem to get organized enough around here to do so. I'll get my act together one of these days. I was off to a good start with the kids bedroom over winter break but then we had to go back to school/work and everything came to a standstill. Love the handmade hearts you received from your friend. And your teddy bears are just the sweetest little things. Such personalities in those little faces. I used to collect bears but made myself stop some years ago as it was getting a bit out of hand. I did keep some of my favorites, though. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing, I love all the seasons they bring something new and special. So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, wonderful to meet new friends. Hope you find a spare minute to visit me sometime follow back if you like. Sending you special wishes for a wonderful New Year I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreamy new banner. Love your thoughts on living each season to the full! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting your banner. I use Google Reader so I usually don't see banners. Yours is looking lovely.
    (I had to look you up using Safari because I couldn't comment on Google Chrome)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new banner is very seasonal. Each season has its beauty, no?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penso sia proprio bello vivere secondo le stagioni:vuol dire catturare con passione la varietà di ciò che la vita ci offre.
    Every season is a surprise!
    Great banner:sweet and charming!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Monica, I love your new banner...we finally got snow on Saturday, with the windchill today we are at minus fourty.....I am not complaining as we have had such a mild winter....One of the windows in this old house has iced right over on both outside and inside...I had been running my humidifier but think I need to stop...lol.so today would be a good day to say I wish I were there with you. hope you are having fun. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the banner....shades of elegance!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Monica,
    I noticed your new banner....its you for sure...I love it! I'm going to have a new banner made. I have a few ideas so now I'm looking for someone to design it for me.
    Also I have been trying to work on my blog..and I'm not very good at it, but I try.
    Your blog is always fun to visit.Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!