explore my site

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lilac Apron.

This apron didn't make it to the pages of Apronology, but I really love it, so I'm showing to you here on my blog!

I tried to keep the design very simple yet striking. I transferred a vintage image on fabric and framed it with a patchwork of wonderful coordinated fabrics in lilac (you may remember other things I made in this color I love, here and here and here).


This vintage girl is so cute, don't you think?

A small collection of vintage buttons finishes it off...

... together with a big bow on the rear!

I think it's so spring-y, can't wait to use it!... Actually, can't wait for Spring to arrive!
Monica x

12 comments:

  1. Such a darling and cheerful apron! I hope you show us photos of you wearing it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that apron--that little girl is precious and love the buttons and the color. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Monica..like everything you do:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweet cottage print of the fabric!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely apron, Monica !
    Also hope Spring is coming soon, the snow is already gone here ...
    Wonderful photos of Kim in the snow, she's so cute wearing her coat !
    Nice evening,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love it and Kim you look fantastic in your coat!
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. When a dream comes true:an apron so graceful,so charming,so"lilac" ...more than a precious evening dress, I think!
    Good evening
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many ideas in one really adorable apron. My granddaughters are wearing them with their Mom and it is so cute. I don't know why but I had missed a few of your posts, you have been a very busy girl. And the apron does make me think of spring. We had snow yesterday, and it is very gray today, this was a sweet post. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Monica,
    I love it!!its just to pretty to really wear. Its for hanging on the wall.I have aprons I don't wear because they are just to cute and this is just to cute...
    Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Verry cute !!!....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's worthy of the COIVER! soooo sweet! you really do dabble in everything monica nad you do it so well! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty girl, the colors for decoration have made a great matching with this photo..:)

    Plastic Card
    Discount Card Printing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!