explore my site

Friday, February 17, 2012

Studio Peeks.

Being a professional artist means never a dull moment (as my agent Linda says!). It also means you work hard, and have to split your creative energy into several programs at the same time. It means you must be willing to also work on art that is requested to you, not necessarily what you thought/wanted to paint... this might be challenging at times, but having devoted my entire life to creativity, I've learnt with experience that if we just let ideas rest for a while, allowing the project to 'breathe' like good wine, eventually we may come up with unexpected, wonderful ideas, fulfilling for our creative soul!
Some of you are waiting to see what I am painting... You know I'm grateful for your support! My blog not only opened up to me a new world of possibilities, but also gave me a fantastic group of lovely friends cheering me on from all over the world! :) Thank. you. I'm really grateful you are there for me! Unfortunately, in this licensing world, sharing is a tricky subject (such a shame)... buuut, even if I cannot show you my designs until they are published, I can show you sneak peeks!
Since before Christmas, I've been producing new collections, some of which were firstly introduced to clients at the Atlanta Gift Show last January.

I was really thrilled with the response about my art, and now I'm working even harder on several new programs. One of which is very demanding, but what a joy to work on! Hope I can share more soon.

This post gives me the opportunity to also show you where I am working at the moment. My old followers and readers know that I moved to a temporary address last year, after my husband and I sold our house in Italy to pursue our dream of a new life.
So I changed from working in a pretty and organized studio room to having but a table in the living room... and mess everywhere! This has been probably the most challenging part of this adventure.

I have piles of boxes and (evergrowing) things in every corner of the house!

But the lack of a studio room doesn't keep me from creating and making art every single day!
I even tried my best to embellish a bit and organize this small space I'm blessed with.

Either working in a studio or in the living room, I always have fresh flowers on my worktable! Always.


Odd as it may seem, I'm in full Christmas swing at the moment! I'm creating new designs for Surtex in New York City next May! Wish me luck ;)

Off to work... hope you enjoyed sneaking a peek at my world!
Have a terrific, creative weekend, friends!
Monica x

11 comments:

  1. We love any peek you can give us. You are so talented and we are blessed that you take us along for the ride. Hugs to you Monica and of course a big one for Kim.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!
    I can tell by these little sneak peeks that your collections will be amazing ♥
    Love the vibrant colours of your Christmas designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful artwork, Monica! You must be smiling all the time... your watercolors sure make me smile! What patience you have also... when I majored in art in college I took an "art in advertising" class -- our professor had us come up with artwork for ads and he gave us ridiculous deadlines. It was then that I knew I'd never be able to do my art as a full-time career (just when the inspiration came). What you are doing takes a lot of patience and joy and confidence! I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un grazie immenso ,Monica,per averci mostrato il tuo mondo!=Thank you VERY MUCH showing us your wonderful and colourful world:I think every space is an universe ,if creativity reigns in it.
    Happy weekend!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with those new designs Monica - love your photos. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sneak peaks..Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love your sneek peek....your such a great artist.......
    Love to see more ;)

    Good luck with your great work.

    Fine weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live vicariously through your blog until I get my own life together. I am working on getting it in some assemblence of workability order. I do realize that you can never be too organized or else you're spending all your time on keeping things in order instead of living life. I truly enjoy your creativity and look forward every day to see if there has been a new post. It gives me the spark to be creative. It's like fuel for my soul. I am always filled with reward when I have brought an idea to life. Thanks for being here for me to draw inspiration from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Monica, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the insight Monica.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!