Monday, February 6, 2012

Thinking Valentine's Day #5- Handmade Cards and Valentines.

There's still plenty of time to send Valentines to your sweetheart and your girlfriends to tell how much you love them...♥ Even if you're not inclined to celebrate St. Valentine's Day, you may consider sending a card anyway to tell them how important they are to you!
This year, I came up with these two ideas for quick handmade cards.
I made the first batch (that can be used either as 'non traditional' Valentines or throughout the year as 'just because' card) using my own photographs, printed on matte paper, cut and glued onto a polka dotted cardboard, simply cut and folded in half. I added a second plain red cardboard to 'frame' the image. The envelopes are made out of kraft paper, using a ready-made envelope as template.

I inserted a sheet of recycled paper inside the cards, so I could write my message or love letter...


I enclosed a little felt heart into each one, together with words of love and friendship.

All the envelopes have been embellished on the outside too, with a heart covered with adhesive tape.

DO tell the important people in your life you love them!!
Monica x

16 comments:

  1. Your homemade cards are most precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are gorgeous, Monica !
    We have snow here and it's very cold, I've heard there's a lot of snow in Italy too ...
    Wish you a nice week !
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello.... I'm your newest follower and I'd love to invite you over to visit and follow me when you get a chance. Enjoying perusing your blog... have a funfilled day. xoso Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so beautiful....love from me....xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cards! not only for Valentine's Day,but the best to express our gratitude to someone on different occasions.
    La carta a pois, è il tocco speciale di questa volta!
    Greetings
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SUCH a lovely idea. It's made me want to write Valentine's cards too for more than just my husband...for all my best friends too! Thank you!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing bought can ever replace the thought and love that goes into homemade ♥ Such sweet cards ~ I know they will be appreciated.
    We do "Just Because" in our home & the best flowers are "Just Because" ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. **** ****
    * * * *
    * * *
    * *
    * *
    * *
    * *
    *
    Lovely!!!!
    Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally sweet! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards...love the little felt hearts. Nice touch
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great. I love the new banner too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice blog
    Magnifique !!!!
    merci pour le tutorial Rose
    Bisous Isa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hermosas todas las ideas e inspiraciones que presentas. me encanta tu blog!! un abrazo desde Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh goodness, you have created another masterpiece..I love the cards, so pretty!!.
    Have a sweet day and big hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Monica,

    Love your beautiful new look to you blog, for Valentine's day.
    The cards are so lovely, and your sweet white cotton bags.

    Do hope that all is well with you and wishing you a happy Valentines week.
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!