Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chic.

Today I'm sharing a creative idea that is in the new Somerset Life (without me knowing!). 
Some time ago, I created a set of 'chic' tags just using brown luggage tags, fabric tape, rubber stamps and tiny dried flowers. The tag I made is this one...


... but looks like this in the mag (it didn't make it safe and sound across the pond, I fear!). A little odd to my eyes, but ok, you get the idea anyway!


For a super chic coordinated look (ooh... how much I love coordinates!:)) just rubber stamp words on plain kraft paper. Easy peasy! You can wrap your gifts to perfection even if you've run out of store-bought wrapping paper!
Will tell you about my other articles in another post. I have always so much to blog about and not enough time to!
Monica x
P.S. I've just updated to the new format of Blogger. It looks like this will be the only format available in a near future. As all changes, will require a bit of time to handle it. As for now, apart from a couple of seconds of initial shock, I am finding it very easy to post big pictures without editing the html... and it's possible to put them wherever you want!! The preview is now complete with header and sidebars! It looks great, let's see if some of the old bugs have gone! :)

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Great tags - they are Chic! I changed over to the new format a few weeks back - was loving the old - you do get used to it....
    wonder how many women help design these things...
    Hope you have a great day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehr originelle Verpackung, gefällt mir soooo gut.
    Liebe Rosaliegrüße ∙∙♥♥∙∙

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...this is such a great idea...i do this always for all my gifts as I loVe to wrap with fabric and also brown paper...really loVe your cute stamp with the gorgeous chunky letters and I wish we could get this mag over in England...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just lovely :)

    Wishing you a great day,
    doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your tags. Maybe they just filtered them down a little. ???? Still wonderful. Thanks for the b'day wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tags...congrats!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely little flower of Ortensia...a graceful gem.
    Bravissima!as usual!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I love your tags, so new and different. I also love to make tags and brown paper. Have a wonderful spring day, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!