explore my site

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Joyful Simplicities #6

I love this time of the year when violets are blooming! I have a deep love for violets, maybe it's because I'm a March girl and violets are always blooming for my birthday! My paternal Grandmother loved them too... and used only violet fragrance. I still have that precious bottle ... when I open it, an unforgettable waft of perfume still evokes memories of her.

Yesterday my hubby, Kim and I were strolling happily soaking up Nature, Spring, sunshine... and the pleasure of being together. When we happened to see hundreds of these tiny beauties! I couldn't help picking some for my worktable and to share with you.


If you want to embellish a special handmade card or letter with pressed violets, it's time to look for these charming, purple, happy faces :)
In the language of flowers of the Victorian Era, violets mean modesty, faithfulness, I'll always be true.
Happy Thursday!
Monica x

12 comments:

  1. Zauberhaft die kleinen Blümlein und wunderbar Deine Bilder !!
    Liebe Rosaliegrüße∙∙♥♥∙∙

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, happy and delicate.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. My garden has just turned yellow,white and purple:narcisi,daisies and violets are in bloom.I pick up a narciso,a daisy and some violets,and I tie them with a blade of grass for your March birthday:)!
    Greetings
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violets are so pretty. Yesterday I notice several wild ones have popped up in one of my flower beds. I am hoping there will be many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Franca: oooohhh, thank you!!!(you brought a little tear of joy to my eyes!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you,Monica,for your very kind and nice words! and thanks to all your supporters:you all help me improving my little knowledge of English.
    :)!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Mom's favorite posy, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Violets are so pretty, but I don't think I've ever seen them growing in the wild. What a beautiful flower for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So precious and sweet, Monica. I love these darling, poetic flowers, perfect with the stripes. Wishing you a Happy Birthday! xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! I was just out there today and although careful not to trample the little ones, I didn't even think to pick any! Of course if Romeo man had tried to eat them, I might have thought of it then.....

    "Her" and Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving your beautiful violets and your lovely apron too. I see we are both March girls. So Happy Birthday dear friend and may all your dreams and wished come true. Sharon and Teddy sends birthday wishes to you and high paws to Kim.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!