Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blog ♡ and Grannys Square Tutorial.

Marja from Rosabears has been one of my lovely readers and bloggy friends for years.
Imagine my happiness when she told me that thanks to my "Easy Quilt Tutorial" she had managed to make her own quilt, and she was over the moon for that!
Here it is in all of its glory for you to admire (on my blog, I usually don't use photos that are not my own, but this is quite the exception, as I really love what she made and it's so me! All photos are by Marja and used with her permission).


I love the color combo and the fabrics she chose...



Marja has recently made a Grannys Square Blanket too, that I urge you to goo and see on her blog. She kindly shared a very clear tutorial on how to make a crocheted square.

I really am getting itchy to make my own Grannys Square Blanket, it looks like they're everywhere around Blogland! Must go and pick some yarn... Please, please, please be gentle with your hands and remember to always wear a brace when you crochet!!!
Monica x

14 comments:

  1. Monica, wear a splint and take lots of time to stretch while crocheting. I think some yoga, especially downward dog really helps to stretch and strengthen the wrists. Lovely quilt and crochet square. Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the yoga idea, Meredith! I cannot stress too much about the importance of wearing a splint...

      Delete
  2. I've been having a pleasant wander through your wonderful blog and see the creativity oozing from it. I'm off to click the "follow" button...
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind, Karen. Hope you'll enjoy the journey! :)

      Delete
  3. Die Teddys schauen sooo lieb aus. ich könnt sie glatt adoptieren. Feine Grannys hast Du gemacht in einer tollen Farbe.
    Liebe Rosaliegrüße ∙∙♥♥∙∙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute? Marja is a talented bearmaker, too!

      Delete
  4. What a kindly idea to show us Marja's lovely works!
    I like crocheting very much.I've made a world of things crocheting.When I give my work as a present, I write on a card "made with my heart".
    Happy Sunday evening,Monica
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you love crocheting, Franca! I used to, before I had problems in both of my hands. Now I can do that sparingly and wearing a splint only (which I recommend for prevention, in any case!).
      What a nice idea to add a sentiment like that on all of your handmade works- it surely adds to the preciousness of the gift! Thanks for sharing with us.

      Delete
  5. ..gli orsetti sono bellissimi e la stoffa del plaid...che meravigliA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I agree! We are all teddy bear lovers here, aren't we?

      Delete
  6. ...stunningly beautiful this quilt has been made with loVe & well thought out colours for future generations, what a loVely hand-me-down this would make...putting up a simple tutorial actually changes peoples lives, they achieve things they wouldn't dare to dream...your blog inspires...Melx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and gorgeous bears :)))) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Monica, back from, a week, holiday, and no computer with us, I read your comment about your post. I am honored to see my bears and your quilt!! on your blog.
    Thanks and a big hug for you.
    Happy easter weekend.
    Marja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a note.
I'm not always able to reply here in the comment section or pay a visit to your blog, but be sure I appreciate and value each and every one of you and your kind words!