explore my site

Monday, April 16, 2012

Glimpses of the Cotswolds.

This morning the sun was shining in the Cotswolds... clear blue sky, wondrous green hills, endless yellow fields...  they make me smile!
Hope I will post more detailed photos of the villages/gardens we are going to visit in the next days, please bear with me today as I'm on vacation!:))



This is such a magical place, I find inspiration in every corner. 


Daffodils are still blooming profusely here (while at home they've already gone) and "fluttering and dancing in the breeze"...

All the above shots taken around Burford.

Scenes around the cottage... isn't that ornate mirror fab? Love the lamp too, I have one I've revamped with a very similar toile. The hat I purchased yesterday in Chipping Norton will fatten my extensive collection of hats (I wear them all, I almost always wear a hat!). Can't wait to use it!


... English breakfast? Yes please!... Directly from our little dollshouse kitchen! :)


Hope you are having a wonderful day/evening!
Monica x

22 comments:

  1. wonderful photos, the mustard is high here too~ enjoy your holiday, it looks magical...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arent those fields picture- perfect? Love the bright yellow against the blue sky!
      x

      Delete
  2. beautiful photos, have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Chipping Norton the other day and thought of you! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the Cotswolds area - I´ve been for a visit two years ago and are sure I´ll be back. we haven´t decided this years september trip to the Uk yet - maybe I can persuade hubby to go there again. Love the landscape and the little villages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's wonderful where you live too. I've been there years ago and fell in love! :)

      Delete
  4. What beautiful scenery, Monica! I love the rolling hills and pretty daffodils! Your hat is darling!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those rolling hills... this landscape is so beautiful and romantic, but be sure to come on a sunny day! LOL

      Delete
  5. beautiful photos, are those mustard fields? the cottage is lovely and so is your meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Laurie, they are. Their color is so bright and cheery! I'd stop at every corner to take pictures!

      Delete
  6. oh I'm in heaven, can't wait for more :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) Thanks for leaving such lovely note, Catherine! Pronto :)

      Delete
  7. Monica, it looks so beautiful. Have a wonderful time.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful place and it captured it so well!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue Ann! Hope I'll share more and more lovely shots for you all to enjoy!

      Delete
  9. I do love looking at these photos of the Cotswolds; thanks for posting them (and more, I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun and enjoy every moment..The flowers are lovely! I love the door with the carved hearts...
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it looks wonderful!!!! I have always wanted to visit the Cotswolds... And those yellow flowers are so sunny & bright. I wish I was sitting down to that lovely breakfast with you in the cottage. Have a beautiful week. HUGS!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you are having the time of your life right now and I am so grateful that you could share these beautiful photos with us. It is my dream to visit the Cotswolds someday. I love the sweet cottage you are calling home right now.
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing your view and enjoy your time in this magic world ;D ATB

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know where Cotswolds is....where do you live now?I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!