explore my site

Sunday, April 8, 2012

One Book a Month #3 and #4

I haven't forgotten about my monthly book review... where February and March have gone? I kind of missed them. 
I'm catching up today showing you two of my favorite books from my collection. I treated myself to "Belle Blanc" by Mirjana Schnepf and Bianca Aurich at Christmas. This is a wonderful book written by two fellow bloggers I'm sure you'll like.


If you love old roses, this book is for you!


... so if you love vintage...


... and white of course!
And throughout the book you'll find perfectly made beds! I loooove well- made beds! Sorry Rachel and shabby chic lovers out there, but there's nothing that makes a house look beautiful and tidy like a well-made bed, in my humble opinion. I'm that kind of girl :)


I found so much inspiration among the pages, just looking at the pictures! Unfortunately this book is written in German, so it might be a little difficult to read if you don't know the language. I'm sure I'll borrow some of Mira and Bianca's ideas when I'll have to decorate my new home. Thank you, ladies!


*
This is another favorite in my own collection: "French Country Living by Caroline Clifton Mogg".  Loving country and French style (especially Provencal) this book called me, and I'm truly happy of my purchase.

It's full of inspiring pictures...


I really love the simplicity of this style. Clean. Airy and comfy. Relaxing. 
A perfect book to curl up with on the sofa or in the shade outside, dreaming of a country home!


I will put One Book a Month on hiatus for a little while, as I've run short of books I have with me at the moment. I can hardly wait to finally open my boxes and find my whole collection! Can you believe I've almost forgotten what I have? :((
Monica x

19 comments:

  1. They both look like wonderful books, Monica! I have heard of the first but I don't think it would serve me well since I don't speak a speck of German...the pictures look great though. French Country Living looks very good, I love that syyle of living! I will have to look for it. Thank you for the reviews and Happy Easter!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can read very little German, Jane, but I'm finding this book very useful because of the great pictures!
      A great coffee table book indeed, to refer to for inspiration again and again.

      Delete
  2. I love a well-made bed, too. It's so nice to think of it there waiting for me to crawl into at the end of a day.

    Love the looks pictured in both of these books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah crawling into a well- made bed after a busy, tiring day! I'm with you, Lorrie!!:)

      Delete
  3. Wunderschöne Bilder träumen und inspirieren!
    Frohe Ostern und ganz liebe Rosaliegrüße ∙∙♥♥∙∙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Monica for sharing! These style are both amazing! The first one
    lures me in...the serenity of roses and the comfort of clean, creamy so classy!
    I'm enraptured with flowers and the simplicity of this style~
    Happy Easter to you and yours!
    Decorating is so fun, enJOY gathering inspiration for your new home~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so clean and classy! Those fresh flowers here and there are just dreamy!

      Delete
  5. Easter day is ending end I dream while I'm looking at your pictures, just the books I like !
    You are right! A well-made bed is love for our own home!
    Greetings
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books are such an inspiration... as all in my extensive collection. I've purchased them over the years, almost always they're used but in great conditions. They costed me less than magazines! :))

      Delete
  6. Belle Blanc book i have also here in the house...the other one not !! thanks for showing.......little bit late....hihihi...have a nice day...love ....xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Monica,you are right again! I have a collection of books like these ones in your post and I look at them to find inspirations for my handmade works.
    I have two books Laura Ashley Home and it's impossible to find them in a bookshop today in Italy: I started my collection with them ... twenty years!ago:).
    Good afternoon
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful...so inspiring!
    Love your book choices too...fabulous
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying them! I have a nice collection, hope I can show more soon!

      Delete
  9. Loving these! Haven't read either, but just may have to check them out. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a note, Susannah! I really appreciated it!

      Delete
  10. Il libro Belle Blanc sembra meraviglioso...da acquistare
    ciao
    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!