explore my site

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What I'm Loving right now...

1. 

Actually I've always loved them, but never found anything spotty where I live! Lately, much to my surprise, I've started to bump into several polka-dotted pretties... like these enamel red mugs! One for me, one for hubby... they truly brighten our day!

2.

Never, never owned such a collection before! These are soft, rich, and come in a range of gorgeous colors! Love to use watersoluble pastels in my mixed media paintings. And, by simply mixing colors onto watercolor paper and adding water, you can come up with brilliant journal pages in a jiffy!

3.

Do you remember my mannequin? Johanna now sports a collection of some favorite necklaces, so I see them (if I don't see something, I forget I have it!) and can quickly grab one when I dress up in the morning. My "practical" self is very happy to finally have found a use for her.

4.

Who doesn't love a luscious, warm brioche (mine filled with custard) + coffee outside in the sun??

5.

Blue, red and white... they always make me smile BIG! :)

6.

It's such a wonderful feeling! Isn't it? 

7.

Especially useful for when I'm drawing the human figure. Now I bet you're wondering what I'm working on... hehehe. He doesn't drive a normal car... usually wears red :)

8.

You may remember my garbage find! After I sanded it right in the middle of the living room (ahem), I'm still trying to decide if I like it best in Winter Blue, Soft Lilac, Gray or Ice Blue (pale shade of aqua). Hmmmmm..... Hubby cast his vote (he's partial to Winter Blue, as in the pic)- I am very tempted by gray because it's very neutral... and you? What do you think?
Monica x
P.S I haven't had time to reply to your kind and lovely comments on the last posts, sorry. Will try to in the next few days.

25 comments:

  1. My two youngest children have the same artist's dolls (IKEA???)! Love what you've used your mannequin for. I love polka dots, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, found it in a charity shop in Burford last month. The perfect "souvenir" for me!
      Say hello to your children! :)

      Delete
  2. So wunderbare Bilder. Herrliche Einblicke in Dein Leben.
    Liebe Rosaliegrüße ∙∙♥♥∙∙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to capture the beauty of the smallest of things and simplest of moments in my life! It helps to stay focused and always grateful!
      Thanks for your always lovely notes, Rosalie!

      Delete
  3. I've been coveting your newest toy:)

    I just bought some pastels..not water soluble though..I may have some Bienfang ones though..I am almost certain:)

    Lovely photos~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soo glad you have new pastels too- what about an art- day together sipping lemonade in the garden? You can use my new toy and watersoluble pastels, if you want :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like so much to be thankful for, lovely, lovely, lovely.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) So many things to be grateful for! Thanks, Meredith!

      Delete
  5. Oh- It looks like you have found some wonderful, beautiful things here, Monica. I love all your pretty things- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you take pictures of what surrounds you, you notice many things that otherwise can pass by unnoticed.
      :)

      Delete
  6. I have to say I love the Winter Blue. Gorgeous!
    And your new cups are fabulous!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue Ann! Love it too, now it really is difficult to choose a color! :(

      Delete
  7. I love having breakfast in the sun too, best way to start the day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! With a journal it's even better, isn't it?

      Delete
  8. An Artist's World!... a colour,peaceful,great world!
    I like Light Grey = (o meglio,un grigio perlato), because it can be lit up by every bright colour ... a pot of red geraniums or a blue flowerpot of pink peonies...
    Good afternoon,Monica!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just perfection! You said it beautifully, Franca!

      Delete
  9. Loving the soft lilac!!!! Francine used to stand regally in my studio but I eventually sent her off on her own after I moved enough times. She definitely didn't look as nice as Johanna! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! I'll try the soft lilac on one drawer ;)

      Delete
  10. loving the crayon set, oh what fun! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, you definitely should come to my studio to play all day long! ;)

      Delete
  11. I love going out on my deck to have my morning indulgence...how fun! I love the crayons...so beautiful is this shot!
    I love all the colors, but I think the gray is more versatile~
    Polka dots always bring cheer!
    Fun post!
    Enjoy your gathered finds :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, I agree about gray. Love all the other colors but they may be visually "cumbersome".

      Delete
  12. Beautiful photos... LOVE that red spotty cup. I think I need one of those too!

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Spencer, oh yeah, you definitely need one! :)

      Delete
  13. Love the way you did this post, Monica! So easy to read and just "get" what you are into these days!! Quick reminder ~ my upcoming annual WEDDING BLOG PARTY this Friday, June 8th! I do hope you'll be able to join us and link up with anything of your choosing!! I'll be having a little bridal giveaway along with the party, too!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!