explore my site

Monday, July 16, 2012

Sewing Basket Makeover.

While I'm itching to launch my new blog and website (Hope is doing a great job so far, I'm loving every minute of the designing process!) I thought I'd share with you these pics I've never shown you before. It's my sewing basket, I have given a new face lift a few years ago. For my long time friends and readers, you may remember this old makeover, but as it was no longer present on my blog, I decided to post it again for my new followers. Hope you don't mind! The pics are new though :)


I have been presented it mainly because I needed a sewing basket and it has teddy bears on, but its colors were so mismatched that it caused me headaches! So, after dwelling in the garage for a while, I thought I'd remake it... ;) It's now coordinated with my studio color/fabric scheme. 


I lined the inside with matching paper and fabric...


On the lid, I sewed a little collection of vintage buttons.


Here you can see how it was in its previous life...


Happy Monday!
Monica x

13 comments:

  1. I love it! I had not seen it before so I am glad you re-posted it. Looking forward to hearing about your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure looks a lot better. The outside is very pretty but I think I like the inside even more.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! It definitely looks so much nicer now. Have a beautiful week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do prefer the after.
    Your work is the work of a perfectionist.Lovely Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made over a sewing basket, too. It's fun, isn't it? I'm in the process of starting a move to wordpress, but I have to say it is incredibly intimidating and my lack of knowledge about CSS code is daunting. Can't afford a designer, so I have to do it on my own!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty redo!
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely then and even prettier now!!! Hope you are doing well, sounds like they are.....can't wait for the new launch!!!
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sewing basket is ...una bomboniera! ...a box of sweets for your creativity.
    have a good week!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a LOVELY transformation monica! i am so drawn to any shade of blue these days. this is so sweet! 'Merci" for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy, Karen, Tammy, Monique, Glenda, thanks for your lovely notes. I'm glad you like it as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claudia, good luck with your new blog! Can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

    Margaret, I'm so thrilled about my new website and blog. Can't wait to show you, can't wait!!

    Franca, thanks for your always cheery notes! You make me smile...

    Michelle, blue is my favorite color together with white. I do love every shade of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so lovely, Monica, as it seems everything that crosses your fingertips is made to be!
    :o)
    xoxo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty make over!

    I've just stumbled on your blog from a friend on Pinterest and am going to be a regular reader. Thanks for sharing & inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!