Monday, August 27, 2012

What I've Learned from my Vacation...

1. That I truly love the Ocean and can spend hours on the beach! But only when a very few people are around, and preferably at dawn or dusk.


2. That I need to find some silent "me" time in my day to contemplate and give thanks, no matter what happens on the outside or where I am. That a journal can be very helpful as active meditation and stress reliever.


3. That you can take gorgeous pictures even with a point and shoot camera (all in this post taken this way), and if you're just dead tired there's no need to carry your heavy camera gear with you, cause you won't relax and enjoy the moment.


4. That my husband is my favorite person to chat with (apart from the dog LOL).

Isle of Wight in the distance.

5. That  I am a bit obsessed with rocks or any beach treasure used as simple home decor. That rocks are heavy (see last point of this list).


6. That beach- hunting, cadenced by the sound of the sea and cry of the seagulls, is quite a therapeutic activity.

Hunting for fossils (which we actually found!) on the Jurassic Coast of England.

7. That love is everywhere, even if sometimes I don't see it. That I have to stay open to see it.

I've started a collection of heart- shaped rocks.

8. That just doing nothing is the best thing to do for complete relaxation and to recharge your batteries.


9. That I seriously have a big problem with suitcases! ;)


How are you? What are you up to? MISSED YOU!!
Monica x

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, I love the beach myself and even if I live near it I do not get to visit it often. Love the rocks and that you are so happy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you too!
    Love this post - all the beautiful beach photographs. I have learned many of those things myself over the years, especially the bit about solitude. And heart shaped rocks are so intriguing - I decided a while back to collect some but haven't found any yet - that beach looks like a promising place for finding one or two!
    Welcome home Monica - good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...our affinity with the sea soothes, calms & heals and the simple treasures she offers bring immense delight...I too collect heart shaped stones, everytime I visit the ocean I hope to find such treasure myself, my bowl brings me great joy everytime I see it...Melxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to ask very soon How Are You:)

    Looks like you've been perfect!
    Love the photos..and I love the ocean..lam ike you I love my walks when the beach is deserted..we are fortunate as to where we stay..to the immediate right..one down..private luxurious homes begin..and hardly ever is someone there..so we get to walk a beautiful stretch of beach without crowds..That would not be a vacation to me..
    Again..I am a loner for that..We know the people that stay close by..everyone is respectful of giving everyone their privacy.

    I agree w/ you no big heavy cameras are needed with such perfection..You just proved it..But you have such an eye Monica..
    Wish EYE could see IN the suitcase:)

    Where did you go?Looks sublime..I too love searching for treasures like rock hearts,,coral..sand dollars..urchins..sharks teeth glass..Messages in bottles..Welcome back~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been away as well - and came home with the start of a collection of heart-shaped rocks! We have a lot in common - my husband is my favourite person to spend time with, too. But we don't have a dog.

    The shore is where I go to think through a knotty problem or just for relaxation and beauty.

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home darling.....lovely week...hugs for Kim...xxx...

    ReplyDelete

  7. My favorite thing to do is walk on the beach. I find it very calming and relaxing.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly need a break like this right now.Summer is passing way to quickly and I am not looking forward to a cold winter. Not after last years. I had to giggle at your last photo... how many rocks are in there. LOL I am so glad you were able to have this time my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so romantische Fotos. Der Urlaub war sicher wunderbar.
    Ich wünsch Dir eine sonnige Woche
    Liebe Rosaliegrüße ∙∙♥♥∙∙

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree that there is something soothing about time on the beach.
    I am looking forward to more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo glad you had a good time, that beach looked lovely, wow you found a fossil! I hope Kim is well, looking forward to hearing how your trip went. Hugs, catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The beauty of the Ocean, the freshness of a lawn framed by the light of the lake of Como, the scent of oleander of my holidays in Liguria in the past : every holiday is magic if we want it is!but it's magic to fall into our old habits again!
    Felice di condividere foto così belle :magiche!
    Welcome back , Monica!
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great time at the beach. I too have the HEAVY BAG problem. No matter where I go. And just for the record... I have been dragging rocks home from vacation since I was tiny. We are kindred souls. HUGS!
    Charlene & Elle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny Monica! I also have a serious problem with suitcases...and going to the beach should be reason enough for light packing, don't ya think!?

    I love naturally formed heart shaped rocks...in fact I found one on my son's birthday a couple of weeks ago. True love.

    A perfect beach vacation ~ my style too.

    xo
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!