explore my site

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Handmade Tags.

I've been wanting to show you these French inspired tags for some time now. As Fall and the Holiday season draw near, they can be useful for gift wrapping or tablescaping. 
Here's the basic idea, but you can change words, colors and add pressed leaves instead of lavender, hydrangea and violets. 





To make the tags, just soak them in a mixture of coffee and spices, then put on an oven pan covered in tin foil and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at medium heat until dry. Always keep an eye on them when they're in the oven, for security reasons.
Embellish with stamps, sentiments and fabric tape, washi tape, ribbons, lace etc. Just in case you're wondering, my Parisian stamps are by Cavallini & co.
You'll love making them! :)
Monica x

13 comments:

  1. These are so pretty and look like fun to make! I have to give it a try!

    Have a beautiful day, Monica!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea. I thought you had just sprayed the with the Tim Holtz sprays. I like this better. I bet the smell good and your house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used the tape on my tags..Great idea..of course:)Say hello to Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh la la, so fine and pretty! Happy memories of Paris :) i hope kim is improving x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Tags sind ganz herzallerliebst. Wunderschön!
    Hab noch einen netten Abend
    Liebe Rosaliegrüße

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created wonderful tags, Monica !
    Is Kim feeling better now ?
    Hugs to you and Kim,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tags, any news on Kim?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♥♥♥.......how is Kim doing ???....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooooooooooo pretty! I love those Cavallini stamps! I don't have them but, I want them. How's Kim? Hugs!
    Charlene & Elle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tags are really delightful:they look like the precious treasure of an old trunk... We open the trunk and ...voilà!...your tags!
    Have a good day,Monica
    Franca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!