explore my site

Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Valentines Roses in Holidays and Celebrations (and recent publications)!




Good day, friends! 
In the hustle and bustle of the recent happenings at our home, I've completely forgotten to tell you about my newest publications! Actually, I've had unexpected features in the summer issue of Somerset Life, my blog banner in Artful Blogging, and articles in the hot off the press issues of Somerset Apprentice and Holidays and Celebrations, but due to annoying postal issues I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any of those in the flesh, as of yet! :( 
While I'm itching for my copies of the magazines to arrive, today I'll share with you my shots of the Valentine's coffee filter roses that are featured in Holidays and Celebrations. A big thanks to the amazing Jennifer Jackson Taylor for including them in such a gorgeous magazine, always filled to the brim with inspiration!


These roses are the evolution of the original ones I had published in Somerset Life. I designed them especially for Valentines Day, but they may be easily incorporated in any Christmas tablescape or decor! And I also envision them as a stunning, sparkling addition to Christmas presents! Do you?
Here are their details for you to appreciate...







You'll find my article and all the instructions to make them in Holiday and Celebrations. You can also refer to this old post on my blog for the basic technique.
Monica x
P.S. Thanks SO VERY MUCH for all of the love, prayers, positive and healing energy you're sending over to our beloved Kim. She's doing great, doctors were surprised! She's such a strong, sweet girl, much loved by everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations !!!!....hugs for Kim....♥.♥.♥...lovely day darling....!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Roses, love your work!!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun making ..these when you first taught us..I must admit mine were not nearly as beautiful:) The red is so pretty Monica..Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are SO beautiful Monica. Congrats on the article. I can´t wait for my issue to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Your roses are so pretty.
    Give Kim a gentle hug from me. Glad to hear she is doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big congratulations to you! You must be so pleased and excited! The roses are just beautiful...very romantic!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't find the right words in English to explain the splendour of your roses!
    Una passione straordinaria e una cura speciale nei particolari che esprimono tutta la poesia del fatto a mano!
    Good evening and pat Kim :)
    Franca


    ReplyDelete
  8. A big Congrats to you dear Monica, and a big Hooray for Kim.
    Love to you both,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just TODAY picked up my copy of Somerset Holidays and saw your flowers!!! sooo beautiful!! knew they were yours immediately! well done monica! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Wow, this are stunning~
    So romantic and lovely~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roses are the most beautiful handcrafted roses I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe those are coffee filters. The roses look so real. Congrats on all the recognition of your lovely work. Best wishes, Tammy P.S. Glad to hear Kim is doing better

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beautiful roses! I will get the magazine soon. I think I am Somerset's biggest fan as I buy every one of their publications I can find....they are so full of amazing inspiration and photos.
    Glad Kim is doing so well.

    Peace and Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keeping your sweet doggie in my prayers. I,too, know how special the love of, and for a pet can be.
    I also just want to tell you how much I love your art work. Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Diana. Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!