explore my site

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Update on Kim (Thanks for Asking!)

I owe you all an update on Kim. You've all been so sweet and kind with us. I couldn't tell you the other day, as my hubby was in Hong Kong and I didn't want him to know from my blog and worry. Last week, Kim found herself all of a sudden between life and death. This was so unexpected, and honestly I had brought her to the vet to check a rash on her face and a cold.
I have been immediately sent to a clinic far away from where we are... they did tons of exams... I was forced to leave her there overnight. It was the very first time I left her, if not with my parents, and my heart was aching.
After your loving prayers and positive vibes, and medical help, I could bring her home and in 24 hours she showed an incredible improvement. She started to breathe normally again, after some days of very difficult breathing and cough (these symptoms happened to disappear literally in 15 minutes during the night, after I got up from bed, fanned air towards her and told her we all love her so much and many people had sent love and prayers her way). Then she fell asleep quietely by my side, and the next morning she was able to stand by herself (she wasn't unable to in the past few days). She ate voraciously and took the medicines.
There are different opinions about my sweet furbaby- doctors don't give me hope, while I believe her life is eternal, as a beutiful idea of God. So she will always be with me, no matter what happens to our material bodies.
Kim and I have such a special bond, our souls are intertwined, if anyway possible. She is so important to me, she has given me so much love and has helped me through the darkest and scariest period of my life. I'll really be forever grateful I had her by my side.
As hubby and I are empty nesters, she truly is my "baby"... I won't tell you how wonderful, good, obedient, sweet, funny she is, because you can imagine just looking at my pictures. I won't tell you how much we love her as you can see that as well.
I want to show you these photos taken some years ago. My hubby wanted her to see the sea, and off we went to France to spend some days in beautiful Cote d'Azur. Even if she's a Golden Retriever, she hates water and wants her paws to always stay dry! I keep telling she's a "living room" doggie :) These shots hold such special memories for us!







I won't hide you that I've cried for 24 hours when she was at the clinic. Now that she's better and here with me, I have realized I must stay strong and serene for her. She feels what I do feel, so I must not be scared and never let my hope vanish nor my inner light dim.

" Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times... if one only remembers to turn on the light."
Albus Dumbledore

Thanks for being there for us!
Monica and Kim xoxo

21 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your gorgoeus Kim has recovered. You must have been very scared Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, such a beautiful, heartfelt post today. Kim know that our prayers are still with you beautiful girl. You are strong and perfect in every way. I feel the same way about my Max, he is always there for me and even gets ill when I am stressed. Golden Retrievers are so sensitive, and he also does not like water, or kids..... Bless you Monica as you move through this difficult time. Sending you love and lots of positive, healing thoughts.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series of shots..:) So so cute..
    Hoping Kim just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica, Max sent out a special hello to Kim from my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Kim continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so lovely, Monica !
    And what a touching post, I really can imagine the bond you and Kim have ... it's such a sweet dog !
    Big hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iris and Trevor sending Kim the biggest hug ever !!....and me too....♥.♥.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pray that Kim will only continue to improve. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly feel the same way. It feels like our d♥gs should be here with us forever by our side and no matter how long they live, it's never long enough. My daughters, and my [9 1/2 yr-old furry lab daughter] Tess send out X's & O's to you and your lovely and wonderful Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you totally. Kim is an idea of God and her spiritual being is intact and healthy and whole. I'm so glad she's doing better.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoping and praying for ya! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Kim continues to improve...she is the sweetest dog and I remember her going back to when I first started blogging and came across your blog! I agree with you that our precious pets know when we are upset or stressed. Keeping her calm means being relaxed yourself...you are doing the right thing, Monica. Keep us posted, dear friend.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Monica, I am so glad to hear there is some improvement for sweet Kim. I shall keep you both in my prayers. I do know how you feel as I feel the same about Teddy. Take care dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope she continues to improve--sending prayers. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forza,Kim!
    I found a photo: a ballet dancer on a beach and a rough sea in the background , and the quote "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain".
    Have a nice Thursday,Monica
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  17. so scary! I am so happy you took her and she is returning to her sweet self~ I love my dog and can imagine how you felt~ I so hope she recovers quickly and you both can enjoy your nature outings~xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Monica,

    I am so relieved to hear that Kim is doing better. I will keep you both in my prayers every day. I will pray that Kim continues to get better as miracles DO happen every day. Always remember that everything she is going through is easier with you by her side.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel your pain. Our dogs are such a special part of our lives. I agree, they do pick up on our vibes and although it is hard to be strong, we have to try. It is so hard. Please give your beautiful girl some cuddles from me and my gorgeous boy Ben, sends her some happy tail wags.
    Chrissie and Ben
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Monica,

    Lovely to see the beautiful new look to your blog ~ everything is so pretty.
    So glad to hear that Kim is feeling better and must have been a worrying time.

    Have a happy weekend
    Hugs to you and Kim
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!