Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Peek into my Art Journal.

Even if I love journals- and keep several (... is this typical of creative people?), it's the very first time I have an art journal. I felt the urge of starting one, as I believe it's somewhat liberating- working all day long on art that has to be perfect (as it's meant to be used for commercial purposes), I really needed a place to be free, messy, experiment, make my feelings tangible- and allow my fears or anxiety come out of myself. Maybe it's a way to see more clearly, something it's not possible when our thoughts remain in the intangible sphere.
I love when I don't think too much about the creative process, as the result always surprises and amazes me. I had been thinking way too much before starting an art journal- its external face, its pages and type of paper, the style I wanted it to have. Simply paralyzing. Then I happened to bump into these fabulous antique sheet music books at the antique market and purchased several with the idea of ripping them and use in my art (the poor man must have thought I was crazy to spend my money on them, telling from his face! LOL).  Later at home, out of the blue I grabbed one and thought- THIS IS my art journal! And immediately started putting paint and my heart onto the first page.
Worn, tattered, yellowed by age, even a bit dirty to be sincere :) but it called me so loudly and I just couldn't resist its spell.


As I'm currently facing (yet again) the home topic, I believe this had to come out of me. It was the only way to find peace of mind, I suppose.


My most private thoughts will be written on these pages. I'm finally embracing a more spiritual idea of home... I am starting to really realize it's not that I'm not taken care of or am homeless, even if I live in such an uncomfortable situation.


My dearest sister friend gave me this rubber stamp that I ♥

To me, the signs of time make this book even more fascinating.  Now it's my turn to cast my own magic spell onto it...



"Home wasn't a set house, or a single town on a map. It was wherever the people who loved you were, whenever you were together. Not a place, but a moment, and then another, building on each other like bricks to create a solid shelter that you take with you for your entire life, wherever you may go."

Sarah Dessen

Monica x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love connecting with you!